Sunday 6 November 2016

Carole's Sunday Review: My grandfather's pants - Tegon Maus

Author: Tegon Maus
Title: My Grandfather's Pants
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Pages: ebook
First Published: Janurary 2014
Where I Got It: My Shelf (Given to me by the author/publisher for my honest and unbiased opinion)

Jack Laskin is an ordinary man. More than ordinary according to some. Running the family hardware store and a life that would bore a snail, nothing exciting ever seems to happen to him.


Then, at his mother’s urging, he tries on a pair of his late grandfather's old pants and everything changes -- most importantly his emerging love life. It's not long before his mother and her meddling friends get involved.



When an old friend of his grandfather’s tells Jack he has something she wants, his new-found life takes another turn. Having no idea what he is supposed to have, Jack looks to his girlfriend, Connie, and her brother, Robert, for help.



In the end, the answers will all be found in his Grandfather’s Pants.



What a strange, strange book. This was for sure a unique story and premise. Everything revolves around a hand-me-down pair of pants. The pants belonged to Jack's grandpa originally and then give to Jack's dad and then finally to Jack. These are not any pair of pants...they are...special. 



I felt really bad for Jack, because he just wanted a normal life with his girly. But things are not normal when you are given magical/special pants. Bad things are bound to come your way. 



I was shocked the entire time and also laughing my booty off. The antics of that family let me tell ya! It was super strange, like I mentioned, but in a good way. I had no idea what was going to happen next. 



There were so many awkward parts as well, but they were so funny as well. I couldn't imagine dealing with this. 



I do find it ironic that I read this after listening to the radio and they mentioned that it is becoming more and more common in this generation to have a polygamist relationships and whatnot. So I find it funny that this subject came up in this book. IDK how I feel about it personally....I can see the thrill behind it, but....it would be SO awkward!!! 



The only thing I was meh about was the ending. It was so quick. The story just ended. Sure all the ends were tied and the ending was funny, but things wrapped up in a matter of a couple of pages. It took me by surprise that it was over! 



In the end, this was funny as hell! Lots of awkward parts like the polygamist parts. STRANGE! The ending was too quick and out-of-the-blue, but the last bit was great and I totally saw it coming eventually. Maybe there will be some sort sequel *fingers crossed* Out of five stars, I'll give this 4





(my stars are not working >_< GAH!)



















7 comments:

  1. If the book was strange, at least it was funny - a nice review Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book does sound strange but at least it was fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds seriously different, and you have me curious! I love books that make you laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL that does sound unique. I'm good not having magical pants ;)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP