Wednesday 30 November 2016

Duke of Pleasure - Elizabeth Hoyt

Bold. Brave. Brutally handsome. Hugh Fitzroy, the Duke of Kyle, is the king's secret weapon. Sent to defeat the notorious Lords of Chaos, he is ambushed in a London alley—and rescued by an unlikely ally: a masked stranger with the unmistakable curves of a woman.

Cocky. Clever. Courageously independent. Alf has survived on the perilous streets of St. Giles by disguising her sex. By day she is a boy, dealing in information and secrets. By night she's the notorious Ghost of St. Giles, a masked vigilante. But as she saves Hugh from assassins, she finds herself succumbing to temptation.

When Hugh hires Alf to investigate the Lords of Chaos, her worlds collide. Once Hugh realizes that the boy and the Ghost are the same, will Alf find the courage to become the woman she needs to be—before the Lords of Chaos destroy them both? 

My thoughts:
I have 3 books and 1 novella in this series. But I did read the last one, where we found out Alf is a girl (or if that was found out before who knows, did I remember her from before, who knows). Oh and that last book was freaking amazing...amaaazing. He was so dark.

Hugh, the Duke of Kyle, bastard son of the king, is looking for the Lords of Chaos. These guys are so twisted! Effing sickos. Hang 'em all! So yes he is busy with that. He is also busy caring for his two sons, seems he was married to some idiot who cheated on him and then died.

Alf, is a woman pretending to be a teenage boy, running around the bad parts of London, gathering info, and at night saving people. She was, oh to be honest, she was hard to like. Because she went from being one thing to being another thing.

And also, sure he liked the strange female he runs across, but he never notices Alf is the same woman? Oh men, you are so silly!

Conclusion:
I got wrapped up in their romance. It was fun to watch, but yes gotta catch those sickos too.

The next book, aye it was obvi who it would be about and omg, it looks dark too. I must read it

Cover
HA, no

ebook, 364 pages
Expected publication: November 29th 2016 by Grand Central Publishing
Maiden Lane #11
Historical romance
NG

27 comments:

  1. I need to try this series and think the first is on my kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are tempting me to try this, sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read more of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Men are silly! :) This looks like such a fun series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE his hair....gorgeous. I just want to run my fingers through it hehe. But this one sounds really good. I like that he has kids and is good with them. Irresistable for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I love stories where a woman disguises herself as a guy! Favorite trope of mine. But...it doesn't sound like Alf was written very well.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was, but that does not mean she was likable to me

      Delete
  7. Bwahaha..love your review. I downloaded book one yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oy I'm still reading it but fun! The cover is so not him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huh interesting.
    Men are so blind

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, yes, yes!! I only started this series with Duke of Sin and I am SOOOOO loving it! The next one looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP