Wednesday 16 November 2016

The next always - Nora Roberts


The historic hotel in Boonsboro has endured war and peace, changing hands, even rumored hauntings. Now it’s getting a major facelift from the Montgomery brothers and their eccentric mother. Beckett is the architect of the family, and his social life consists mostly of talking shop over pizza and beer. But there’s another project he’s got his eye on: the girl he’s been waiting to kiss since he was fifteen.

After losing her husband and returning to her hometown, Clare Brewster soon settles into her life as the mother of three young sons while running the town’s bookstore. Busy, with little time for romance, Clare is drawn across the street by Beckett’s transformation of the old inn, wanting to take a closer look . . . at the building and the man behind it.

With the grand opening inching closer, Beckett’s happy to give Clare a private tour - one room at a time. It’s no first date, but these stolen moments are the beginning of something new - and open the door to the extraordinary adventure of what comes next . . . 

My thoughts:
Ok so it did take me 3 months, not cos it was bad or anything, but because it was my own book, and then I had 2 review books etc . You get the point. There was always something in the way. And I do not listen much either, if I manage I listen to 15-1 h at work at most. So yes it took some time, but with a good book you can listen one week, have weeks when you do not listen and still feel up to date.

The book is about Beckett and Clare. He had always been in love with her, and she is a widow with 3 kids. Let the romance begin.

But it was also the book about them renovating this old building...that has a ghost. For real. Which was weird. Getting to know his brothers who are getting books and brides of their own (obvi who will end up with who.) The small town. Lovely place by the way.

And then there was Clare and Becket. Both good people. Getting to know each other, getting to know her kids. Falling in love, falling in lust. It was great seeing their romance evolve, and since it took monhs for me to finish, well it felt like it took a long time for them too. Which felt very natural.

I would listen to more by this narrator. A nice pace, nice voices. Good work.

Conclusion:
Good book too


 (Narrator)Audio CD, Unabridged - Library Ed, 352 pages
Published November 1st 2011 by Brilliance Audio
Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy #1
Women's fic
Own

32 comments:

  1. I like that taking a while to listen made the romance seem natural. I read this a while ago and liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt like they took their time, more than usual

      Delete
  2. She has so many books, at first I thought you meant "Would I read a Nora Roberts book next? Always!" Sounds like good one... I still haven't read any of her stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read an oldie, that one was terrible! He hit her! These new ones are much better

      Delete
  3. I just reread the end to this series. It was a cute one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I listened to this back a couple of years and enjoyed it. Went on with the rest of the series too. How funny it took you so long to get through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not really an avid listener, it takes so much time

      Delete
  5. Amazingly enough, I've never actually read anything by Nora Roberts. Can you believe that? And I call myself a fan of romance novels! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaat! LOL, well I have not read many either.

      Delete
  6. I love a romance that feels natural

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how she keeps up with all the books she writes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed this series. I often listen for 2-3 hours at a time. I can visit blogs, scroll Facebook, Twitter and do mundane tasks while listening. Took a year for that..but its addictive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can't do that. I can clean and walk...lol

      Delete
  9. I haven't read one of her books lately! Need to pick some up since I loved all her books in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't read this one yet but I love her books. You know what you get with her books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nora Roberts, always a great pick IMO. She very rarely disappoints.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It never ceases to amaze me how many books she writes, and don't forget all the stuff under her various names too. Glad to hear your tackling more audio!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember them all...I believe I have read her under another name, maybe.

      I like it, but yes it takes time

      Delete
  13. I take longer on my audio books, too. I usually only listen while doing chores around the house, out for walks, and sometimes if I'm driving, but not in traffic.

    This sounds like a sweet story. I've only read one Nora Roberts, but someday I'll get around to her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You listen at the same times that I do then :)

      Delete
  14. eh - not for me my dear. I have a hard time dealing with this author. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah love building renovations. I love her JD Robb series :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can you believe that I've never read a Nora Roberts book? I keep saying that I'm going to, but then it never happens. Great review.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it, I would read more, but not like go out and buy everything by her

      Delete
  17. Oy. I have a few of Nora Roberts' books that I need to get through as well. Maybe someday...when I no longer work. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP