Monday 7 November 2016

Cloak of War - Rhonda Mason

The bloody tournament to determine the new empress of the intergalactic empire may be over, but for Reinumon, the battle is just beginning. To free her home planet from occupation, Kayla must infiltrate the highest reaches of imperial power. But when a deadly nanovirus threatens to ravage the empire, it will take more than diplomacy to protect her homeworld from all-out war. 


My thoughts:
It is getting intense in this one. The arena fights are over, Kayla won as her princess persona and now the real princess is in a coma so Kayla has to keep the charade up.

Kayla, well she is a fighter, obviously. And she does not have it easy. She had no choice than to fight in the arena. She has to pretend to be the princess. All because of who she was. And it does make me dislike the princess and the ones doing it to Kayla. She just wants her family and her country back.

It's not always easy to know who the bad ones are here. Yes I get that the princess has her plans, and she does want Wyrd space to be free. So she does get that the Empire is bad. But the way she does it, not cool.

There is a lot of action. Bad guys, conspiracies, space travel, a big bad virus, yes like I said things are heating up. And it did make it an interesting ride.

I tried to check since it does give me a YA feeling, but no one had placed it under YA, so I am unsure. But it really works both as adult and YA. Adult for the kick-ass stuff, YA because of the simpler way of it all.

It was good, fast paced and kept me entertained.

Cover
Ok

Paperback, 352 pages
Published October 25th 2016 by Titan Books
The Empress Game Trilogy #2
Sci.fi, space opera
free in exchange for an unbiased review

30 comments:

  1. I need to read more sci fi. This one sounds terrific in every way! I'll have to look up the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds nice, many things there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds pretty good. And you can't go wrong with a book that has the tag "FULLY AWESOME SPACE OPERA"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like there is a lot going on in this one. Love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm... I like that it works for both so I think I can also suggest this one to some younger reading folk... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that it is fast paced and that it kept you entertained. Interesting cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sounds exciting and entertaining

    ReplyDelete
  8. So she's like a warrior Padme?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is from a place where she was thought to protect her twin brother, and someone is taking advantage of that

      Delete
  9. Looks like an interesting space opera! I too get thrown off occasionally by these "maybe YA" books, but having crossover appeal can be a good thing sometimes.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't say, maybe it is YA. I am not going into NA territory cos frankly I still do no get that

      Delete
  10. Sounds like an intense novel! Glad you liked it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love when the story line is intense and fast paced.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seems like a read I'd enjoy actually.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP