Tuesday 15 November 2016

Duet: Emma Goldrick

Marcie's emotions needed a good rest. After the traumatic experience of a hijacking incident, the Adirondack cabin she'd inherited from her uncle beckoned invitingly. 

Certainly, Marcie never suspected that the peaceful mountaintop was the focus of an old family feud. That was the last thing she wanted to be involved in! 

But Marcie soon made two further discoveries. John Harley, her friendly neighbor, was the grandson of the very man who'd started the petty squabble. And Marcie's heart was already too involved to retreat! 

My thoughts:
She weighed a bit too much, was not really pretty, but he likes the light in her soul. ...did you just call her fat and ugly? Ok...but sure light in her soul, you are still thinking she was ugly though.

Their families are enemies. He has a bitchy girlfriend, I mean srsly deranged bitchy.

And then they get married. Oh and she has flashbacks from a hijacking. Just tossed in there at random at times.

Paperback, Harlequin Romance #2858, 187 pages
Published September 1987 by Harlequin
Own
Contemporary romance

She didn't intend to deceive him. — When Philomena Peabody met her boss's son, he was suffering temporary snow blindness. 'You sound like somebody's mother,' Penn Wilderman said, convinced by her no-nonsense attitude that she was 'a sweet little old lady.' — Even after she'd moved into his luxurious mansion to help look after his son, Phil couldn't disillusion Penn about her age.

To help win a custody battle for his teenage son, Phil agreed to marry Penn. But she dreaded facing him once the bandages were off, and he could see his attractive twenty-seven-year-old wife...

My thoughts:
Omg so silly, it was good for the cheesiness of it, but seriously!

He gets a housekeeper, babysitter whatevs, he thinks she is 50. It was all so weird, and then ok I can say it cos spoilers but it was effed up.

These oldies are freaky!!!
Oh and she screamed rape at one time, and not for rape. That is so not cool.

Paperback, Harlequin Presents #1035, 187 pages
Published November 1987 by Harlequin Books
Own

I read a Duet book, 2 in 1

28 comments:

  1. Some of the old Harlequins were quite silly! I remember reading a few like these when I first started stealing them off my mums bookshelf when I was 12.
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked them at 12, but now..omg, SO SILLY

      Delete
  2. I find going back to the '80's for books like this just don't fit the bill either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have read these when I was younger, now, oh lol

      Delete
  3. Wowwww... like there's nothing remotely romantic about this. The girls are bound to be always insecure and the dude's sound like they're clueless douches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, your reviews made me gigglesnort!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The books definitely didn't age well! O.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I totally forgot to talk about her hair!!! Seriously look at it!

      Delete
  6. Is it bad that the first thing that comes to mind is that quote from The Swan Princess?

    "Is beauty all that matters to you?"
    "What else is there? 8D"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.
      I do like that he saw her inner light, but he was still thinking she was not a looker. The way it was written was just baaad

      Delete
  7. Wow, so old school! :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I roll with the oldies.
      ALso I have no idea why I had this book. When I read these books at 12 I read them in my own language

      Delete
  8. that's really not nice of him to say that

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, I don't even like to go back to the 90s for an oldie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Duet certainly sounds...interesting. Haha! And that cover screams "old school" romance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my...those covers are ooooooooold looking.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP