Thursday 10 November 2016

Early Review: The Dare and the Doctor - Kate Noble

Dr. Rhys Gray and Miss Margaret Babcock are friends—strictly friends. But over the course of the year, as they exchange dozens of letters, they share personal details that put them on the path to something more. When Dr. Gray helps Margaret realize her dearest dream and she comes to his defense in the uproar that follows, it seems that their connection cannot be denied. But will their relationship stand the scruples of society and jealous intendeds, or are they destined to be only friends, and nothing more?


My thoughts:
I liked Rhys and Margaret. He was really focused on being a doctor, she loved her plants. She was a total nerd for plants. They are penpals in a time when a single woman and a single man weren't. But it is sort of a scientific correspondence so that works ;)

But they are just friends.
And then she goes to London to show off her roses.
And you know when you meet someone for real then it's just better.
Friends are sure good to have. Good to banter with, flirt with, dance with.

Yes there is a fun dance between these two, but always there is an obstacle in their way, but when that is over they can all live happily ever after.

It was a fun and cute book

Kindle Edition, 384 pages
Expected publication: November 22nd 2016 by Pocket Books
Winner Takes All #3
Historical romance
Netgalley

39 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cute historical, I'm not familiar with the author so I'm going to have to try her out when this one comes out.
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh... I kind of like the whole idea of a pen pals in a time when it was frowned on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything by this author but I'm always on the lookout for new romance authors so thanks for putting this one on my radar! Great review--I'm glad you enjoyed this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A total nerd for plants. lol I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, the author sounds familiar. Does she only write romance/historicals?

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooops I thought I commented, I think this sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds cute...love the friends to lovers trope.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a lovely weekend my lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh his a doctor? thats different. Looks like a super cute read

    ReplyDelete
  10. This totally sounds like my kind of book... secret scientific pen pals?! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh nice. Cute and fun are definitely on the agenda right now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like a sweet romance between the 2 characters

    ReplyDelete
  13. that sounds really cute! I need to try her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwwwe two nerds falling in love in the best way. Friends and then more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds really cute! As much as I love the "enemies to lovers" trope, sometimes a friends to lovers arc is just what the doctor ordered -- pun intended. :D

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP