Friday 2 June 2017

Friday Night Movie: A Little Chaos

Two talented landscape artists become romantically entangled while building a garden in King Louis XIV's palace at Versailles.

Director: Alan Rickman
Writers: Jeremy Brock, Alison Deegan | 
Stars: Kate Winslet, Alan Rickman, Stanley Tucci

Lenght: 1h 52 min
Drama/Romance

Musings:
Ok, I admit it, guess what! Another slow movie. But while the others have been...eh...fine in their slowness. This one was rather dull and I felt like falling asleep at one point and needed a tea break.

Sure the clothes were pretty. Nice scenery too a times. The actors did well, and it happened to be another Rickman movie. Though I can't say he fit in his role as the king.

BUT, I would not really recommend this movie. It was nice to watch, I had the time, but yes dull. BF would totally have fallen asleep if I had watched it with him, as it was now I watched it with a friend. Who loves Winslet, but thought it was dull too.

Not a bad movie, just a really boring one.




31 comments:

  1. Interesting review, thanks for sharing. Warm greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you find these movies?? I haven't heard of most of them lol

    I can handle a slow book better than I can a slow movie. I fall asleep lol

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I have tried to watched movies not that big

      Delete
  3. I will watch this if I want to fall asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's too bad the movie was such a dud. Such a good cast too. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait, Alan Rickman directed this? I never knew! I would watch it just to satisfy my curiosity :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah Rickman and Winslet... bummer it was slow. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't recall if I've seen this or not. I love Alan Rickman, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tbh I can't tolerate slow movies! I prefer action and adventure over slow ones!!
    Haniya Qamar
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How has this film escaped my radar? I love Kate Winslet. Even if this was slow, I want to watch it. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not really my kind of movie but thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Down with boring, romantic flicks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Popping in from the get social event added you to my following little.Happy Reading !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there! Stopping by from the Get Social event! I've been wondering about this movie since I love Alan Rickman and Kate Winslet. How disappointing that it wasn't better. Oh well. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks really cool! I'll have to check it out.

    (Love the Welsh name. Flower maiden, yes?)

    #getsocial17

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not my cup of tea! But at least you checked it out!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP