Saturday 24 June 2017

Saturday Night Movie: Horns

In the aftermath of his girlfriend's mysterious death, a young man awakens to find strange horns sprouting from his temples.

Director: Alexandre Aja
Writers: Keith Bunin (screenplay), Joe Hill (based on the novel by)
Stars: Daniel Radcliffe, Juno Temple, Max Minghella 

2 h /Drama Fantasy Horror / 2013

Musings:
I have read the book, but I could not remember all of it. Yes the whole horns thing, his gf being dead. Everyone thinking he did it. But I did manage to forget how it ended. Which was good, cos it was a bit of a mystery then.

I did like the concept of the horns and what they made people do. It moved this ordinary mystery murder drama to the fantasy realm. Weird ass horns doing weird ass things.

And I hate the townspeople. Stop judging him! Find the real killer! But at the same time I had doubts a bit into the movie. Who really did it?

Radcliffe is good, he gets darker and darker and does it well. Not Potter there ;)

Good movie. I like the dark humour, well humour and humour, more the effed up way people gets.



25 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm not the only one who forgets how a book ended :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just listened to this book. I need to get the movie. I didn't like the town's people either.

    #JIAM Narrator Interview: Nick J. Russo #LoveAudiobooks http://www.hotlistens.com/jiam-narrator-interview-nick-j-russo-loveaudiobooks/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know much about this plot and never was too interested in checking out the film but it seems like a really good watch! Thanks for putting this on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of the book or the movie, thanks for putting it on my radar and seeing Daniel in other roles too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's an odd premise for a movie! Good thing you forgot the ending so you could be surprised by the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still want to watch this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to read the book at some point, since I like Joe Hill. Strangely enough, the movie I actually have little interest in, though.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to watch it with a friend but ended up watching it on my own

      Delete
  8. Great movie review...I haven't read the book or watched the movie, but it sounds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't seen this yet. I was afraid it would be too horror for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There wasn't a single scary thing in it

      Delete
  10. I haven't seen this movie or read the book, but it sounds like something I'd like. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was good but I liked the novel better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been quite impressed with Daniel Radcliffe post-HP, he's very talented and picks a bunch of strange roles (which I like).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to read this book. If I like it then I will probably want to watch the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never heard of this book or movie! Sounds cool, and Melanie liked the audio... even better! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP