Saturday 17 June 2017

Saturday Night Movie: The Dressmaker

A glamorous woman returns to her small town in rural Australia. With her sewing machine and haute couture style, she transforms the women and exacts sweet revenge on those who did her wrong.

Director: Jocelyn Moorhouse
Writers: Rosalie Ham (novel), P.J. Hogan 
Stars: Kate Winslet, Judy Davis, Liam Hemsworth 

1h 59 min
Comedy/drama (2015)

Musings:
A revenge filled drama with yes comedic undertones. Which is kind of interesting to watch.

Kate Winslet plays Tilly who was sent away as a child. She plays the part well. Anger and hate. Those bastards in that town sure did not make it easy for her. But she is back, and she wants revenge. And damn, she gets some.

First I did not see how it would play out as she made dresses for everyone, and it got sad, but it all ends well.

Of course I did not get how she and Liam could be similar in age, but eh, it works, he had a beard.

The townsfolk with the quirks are played well, and they are bastards.

I was surprised by this movie, I did not really know what to expect. But I like a movie that ends with a bang.




27 comments:

  1. I've never heard of that movie but it sure looks and sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I didn't know about this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know about this movie but it has a great cast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like that I have managed to find so many unknown ones

      Delete
  4. Entertaining! thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss this one? It sounds just the thing. Glad you enjoyed it and shared about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Sophia and asking how in the world I missed this one? This definitely sounds like my kind of movie, so I'm going to see if I can find it on Netflix today. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw some of the promo for this movie but I honestly didn't know what it was about. You're the first person that has seen it and talked about it. I love Kate Winslet so I'm going to check this one out too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I am first, lol.
      But yes I had not seen it around either

      Delete
  8. Maybe I'll watch it one night ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;) I think u will like one thing*whistles*

      Delete
  9. Ah I remember seeing mentions of this but never saw it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you knew about it, it has flown under the radar for the rest

      Delete
  10. Huh... I sort of remember it, but not really. Yet your review makes it sound so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You seem to be on a Kate Winslet kick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched them with a friend and she likes Winslet

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP