Wednesday 4 December 2019

Audio: Heidi's guide to four letter words by Tara Sivec and Andi Arndt

By: Tara Sivec, Andi Arndt
Narrated by: Andi Arndt
Length: 6 hrs and 15 mins
Original Recording Audiobook
Release date: 09-03-19
Language: English
Publisher: Audible Original
Contemporary romance
For review

I like a book that can make me snort! This was funny, her family was, omg, so embarrassing! But in the best way to listen about.

It is only my second listen by Andi, but she is is great! Maybe putting them in Minnesota was the right call (sorry Minnesota people), but the accent was perfect for how her family acted. Also are they like the Canadians of the US?  So yes Andi did a great job with everyone and I could feel Heidi's embarrassment to my soul.

Heidi has lost her job cos of budget costs, but does she really want to be a teacher? She also wants to be bolder, to take charge, to get her sexy neighbor to notice her. But she is not these things, she looks like a kindergarten teacher, she can't even say balls, and she would rather hide in a bush than go and talk with him.

So she starts working for an audiobook company. She starts a podcast. She drinks too much wine. And she learns to say balls and so much more.

Oh and Brent was lovely, freaking lovely.

Laugh out loud moments (mostly cos of her family), and a nice story that let's her take charge of her own love life.

I liked it! A lot :D I also listened to it in a day cos S is sick. SO yay, a listen in a day book.

Narration
Well I already talked about that. Great!

Nothing good ever comes from drinking a box of wine alone. So when I decided to entertain my drunken self by setting up some hand-me-down podcasting equipment and reading the steamy parts from romance novels, I never thought anyone would actually listen. The fact that I admitted my huge crush on my sexy next door neighbor made the whole thing even more mortifying. But sometimes life surprises you, and that’s how my podcast, Heidi’s Discount Erotica, was born.

Now I, Heidi Larsen, a sweet former kindergarten teacher in Waconia, Minnesota, lead a scandalous double life reading erotic novels to the listening world. And with each episode, I find myself embracing my new alter ego more and more. Now I’m starting to feel more comfortable in my own skin and do things I never would have dreamed of - like kissing my neighbor.

Look out, Waconia, because Heidi’s on the loose! She’s in your ears, in your hearts, and down your pants...wait, that didn’t sound as good as it did in my head. Well, you get the picture, don’tcha know!

18 comments:

  1. Yes I sometimes need a book that makes me snort too!
    nice review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A books that makes you snort is gold, hehe

      Delete
  2. I put this one on hold at the library. It sounds like just what I need right now.

    Karen @ For What It's worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you enjoyed this one. Andi Arndt is a fantastic narrator!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could use a book that makes me laugh! It's been a while since I've read one.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sounds such fun and of course I love the name Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review - I'm not familiar, but I just downloaded it. I hope to listen to it while I still have audible escape! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP