Tuesday 10 December 2019

TMST


Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post on Rainy Day Ramblings where Rainy discuss a wide range of topics from books to blogging. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog.

December 10th: What books disappointed you this year?

You know what, I will just list my DNFs

Mageborn (Age of Dread Trilogy, #1)
Aryan, Stephen *

Ruined by a Rake (All's Fair in Love, #1)
Knightley, Erin *

A Soul For Trouble (Soulbearer, #1)
McHugh, Crista *

Rise of the Dragons (Kings and Sorcerers, #1)
Rice, Morgan *


The Woolgrower’s Companion
Rhoades, Joy *

Slow Ride (Road to Love, #2)
Foster, Lori *

Cowboy Trouble
Kennedy, Joanne *

The Perfect Assassin (Chronicles of Ghadid, #1)
Doore, K. A. *

A Year of Marvellous Ways
Winman, Sarah


Flirting With Danger (Samantha Jellicoe, #1)
Enoch, Suzanne

In the Vanishers’ Palace
Bodard, Aliette de *

On a Red Station, Drifting
Bodard, Aliette de *


The Gutter Prayer (The Black Iron Legacy, #1)
Ryder-Hanrahan, Gareth *

The Archived (The Archived, #1)
Schwab, Victoria *

Middlegame
McGuire, Seanan *


How We Disappeared
Lee, Jing-Jing *

1356 (The Grail Quest, #4)
Cornwell, Bernard *

Naondel (Krönikor från röda klostret, #2)
Turtschaninoff, Maria

Big Little Lies
Moriarty, Liane *

The Summer Country
Willig, Lauren *

Breven från Maresi (Röda klostret, #3)
Turtschaninoff, Maria

Blood of an Exile (Dragons of Terra, #1)
Naslund, Brian *

Slouch Witch (The Lazy Girl's Guide To Magic, #1)
Harper, Helen *

The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
Rai, Alisha *

Holy Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #3)
Lawrence, Mark *

3:AM Kisses (3:AM Kisses, #1)
Moore, Addison *

Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
Shalvis, Jill *

Cold Welcome (Vatta's Peace, #1)
Moon, Elizabeth

Gingerbread
Oyeyemi, Helen *

His for Christmas
Warren, Skye *

Of course then there are those that I actually ended up reading too even though they should have been DNFs, like Wicked King by Holly Black, A Court of thorns and roses by Sarah Maas, Kingdom of Assassins by RJ Barker (ruined the whole series for me),  The Ruin of Kings by Jennifer Lyon, The demon king by Chinda Williams Chima, The waking lands by  Callie Bates, Soundless by Richelle Mead. All 1s

22 comments:

  1. Wow you've got some listed that are on my shelf right now. I'm surprised at the Foster and Holy Sister
    Thanks Blodeuedd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sad by Holy Sister since I really liked book 1, but book 2 was meh so makes sense

      Delete
  2. I have too many to list this year lol But! I also had several 5 start reads which is better than the last few years so I'll just be happy about that.

    Karen @ For What It's worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wohoo 5 stars! I have more of those too these days

      Delete
  3. Hmm that's a lot, I recognise a few authors I know but haven't read those particular books. DNF'ing though is so good, why waste precious reading time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I borrowed like 20 books from the library when they were closed and well a lot were duds

      Delete
  4. That's a lot of dnfs! I had 2 this year so far. I see several books that I have on my tbr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I don't remember that many DNF reviews - have you been holding out? I have a couple DNF's but they weren't huge disappointments b/c I wasn't going in with high expectations. For me, Kingdom of Exiles by Maxym Martineau was a big let down after so much hype. And No Country for Old Gnomes by Hearne and Dawson - loved the first one, barely finished this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been holding out! Maybe I should talk about them, I do feel that they are just as important

      Delete
  6. The only one I read on your list is Big Little Lies. I listened to the audio and like it a lot, but I can see how it wouldn't be for everyone. It is a different kind of read. I'm all for DNF if you're not enjoying a story. Move on to something you love. Why waste what little time reading something you don't? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just felt the text was, dunno, boring? Maybe audio would have been better

      and yes exactly!

      Delete
  7. thats quiet the list, sorry to hear these did not pan out

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, many of these I didn't know you ended up DNFing. I'm sad to see Blood of an Exile on this list though, I was really curious about that one!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my problem was audio. I can't do fantasy in audio it seems, or well the narrator ;)

      Delete
  9. I hate DNF-ing, but yet it has made me a happier reader to just move on to another when a book isn't doing it for me. I know I've had a few disappointments this year especially if they were just so-so when I was anticipating something fabulous. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing worse than reading a book for 2 weeks and then finishing as a meh

      Delete
  10. Dang! I missed this week!!! I have a few myself!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP