Friday 6 December 2019

Audio: My favorite things by Lynsay Sands

Narrated by: Justine Eyre
Length: 7 hrs and 53 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release date: 10-29-19
Language: English
Publisher: HarperAudio
Historical romance
For review

All I want
This one was funny. Prudence is trying to get her father to stop gambling (not funny, that man needs help), but what is funny are her antics trying to get into his club and the chaos she creates. The owner has no idea what he is in for

And then fall in love and her dad is saved

3 French Hens
Brianne, a scullery maid, looks just like Lady Joan. So she goes along pretending to be Joan so that Joan can think of a plan to get out of a marriage. No surprise, Joanne falls for the hubbie to be and he does seem wonderful.

And then they loved happily ever after and it all worked out.

The Fairy Godmother
Odel's godmother shows up and says that she now is a fairy godmother and that she will have her married by Xmas.
A castle filled with suitors, a fairy godmother who does magic, and a stranger who shows up and seems the most sane one.

And then they lived happily ever after.

Sweet stories, and they work as they are.

Narration
I always like Justine Eyre, and I do feel that she is perfect for historical romance. I like the feeling and voices she does.

All I Want

With Lady Prudence’s father gambling away the family’s savings, all she wants for Christmas is to haul him away from London’s most notorious gaming hell. Yet the wickedly handsome proprietor, Lord Stockton, refuses to let a lady enter his establishment. Now Pru needs a Christmas miracle to make her wish come true - and to resist succumbing to Stockton’s charms.

Three French Hens

Brinna’s life as a scullery maid changes with the arrival of the castle’s newest guest, Lady Joan. Desperate to escape an arranged marriage, Joan suggests that look-alike Brinna take her place at the Christmas festivities. Suddenly, Brinna finds herself being wooed by a true gentleman, and getting the best Christmas present of all: a new life.

The Fairy Godmother

Odel is told by her godmother that she must marry by Christmas, and even gives her fairy dust to separate the mice from the men. But Odel has sworn off love...until kind and generous Michel catches her eye. He shows Odel how good it can feel to fall in love, but will it be enough to convince Odel to trust her heart?

22 comments:

  1. Love, love, love Lynsay Sands, and the humor she displays in books is always fun. Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I not know she wrote historical romance, I've only read her fantasy. Thanks Blodeuedd

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read her paranormal books, a while back. I love the sound of this and yes, Justine Eyre is so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like Justine, she is really amazing in his rom

      Delete
  4. I've only read her PNR books but I'm glad you liked this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scullery maids need love too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You listened to this just in time for Christmas!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been looking for more historical anthologies. I'll have to remember this one. Or bug you when I can't remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think that I have read Lynsay Sands yet but this sounds great. Another one to add to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realised that I had read a lot of hers, ooops

      Delete
  9. I haven't read Lynsay Sands but this sounds like a good anthology. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! I've really not read many anthology books this year...huh

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP