Monday 25 May 2015

Dearest Rogue - Elizabeth Hoyt

HE CAN GUARD HER
Lady Phoebe Batten is pretty, vivacious, and yearning for a social life befitting the sister of a powerful duke. But because she is almost completely blind, her overprotective brother insists that she have an armed bodyguard by her side at all times-the very irritating Captain Trevillion.

FROM EVERY DANGER
Captain James Trevillion is proud, brooding, and cursed with a leg injury from his service in the King's dragoons. Yet he can still shoot and ride like the devil, so watching over the distracting Lady Phoebe should be no problem at all-until she's targeted by kidnappers.

BUT PASSION ITSELF
Caught in a deadly web of deceit, James must risk life and limb to save his charge from the lowest of cads-one who would force Lady Phoebe into a loveless marriage. But while they're confined to close quarters for her safekeeping, Phoebe begins to see the tender man beneath the soldier's hard exterior...and the possibility of a life-and love-she never imagined possible. 

My thoughts:
This one was different in many ways. First, 1740s. Second, the heroine was blind. Third, she will marry a commoner. 

Phoebe is blind and needs a guard. In comes James. A soldier now in service of her brother, the Duke. Phoebe was, ok so I got that she wanted more freedom. But you are blind. And people want to kidnap you, for money or to forcefully marry you. So I would be more careful.

James is one of those chip on this shoulder kind of guys. But we learn more about that later on, quite later on. Then I really understood him.

Ok so we know she blind. We know it was an earlier setting (though did not see much of that :(

The marrying thing then. Duh. This is a HR. That is not a spoiler. Of course they will get each other in the end. The road there is long as she is a duke's sister, he is nothing.

Nr 8 in a series, I have read none of the others, worked perfectly still

Conclusion:
Since people want to kidnap here there is a bit of suspense. Who is after her? And to not forget the forbidden passion. Good.

Cover
Both heads please

Kindle Edition
Expected publication: May 26th 2015 by Grand Central Publishing
Maiden Lane #8
Historical romance
NG

30 comments:

  1. I haven't ventured into the Historical Romance genre much. Have you heard how the first 7 books in the series are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea about the rest ;) I just saw the name Hoyt and went for it

      Delete
  2. Ooooooo. An impossible love.
    But not really....
    because WHO of the ton would marry a blind lady?
    None....
    so....slightly possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, gotta love some forbidden romance

    ReplyDelete
  4. I reviewed a romance with a blind MC too today and I really loved it.perhaps another one is in order

    ReplyDelete
  5. Read out of order??? How could you?! I would never... *cough*... ahem... Anyhoo, glad to see that this one is a good HR. I do need to read one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to know this books stands alone well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like you can almost get away with reading books out of order in some genres - historical romance, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah it's nice, this one sounds different

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to love this series, but I gave up on book 5. Not sure if I'll ever read the rest, including this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, well I can't tell if this one is better or worse

      Delete
  10. I never read this author, but I've seen her books around.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read one of Hoyt's earlier series so I'd try this - especially since it can stand alone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a yummy mix. Forbidden romance, suspense and a blind heroine - the word that comes to mind is definitely "wow"!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL - I predicted you would have head commentary about the cover and I was right! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Elizabeth Hoyt is one of hr writers I didn't read yet. I hope I'll give her a try soon. This sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. different enough that I'm now curious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmm you don't often see a blind heroine. Will have to check this out, and very glad to hear you didn't need to have read the rest of the series to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP