Saturday 2 May 2015

The Look of Love and #FitReaders Check-In: May 1, 2015



Sat 1 h walk
Sun 1 h walk
Mon 8 km bike. 45 min zumba toning
Tue 8 km bike. 1 h workout class
Wed 4 km bike, 30 min walk
Thu 4 km bike, 1 h walk walk
Fri 1.5 h walk



------------------------


Chloe Peterson is having a bad night. A really bad night. The large bruise on her cheek can attest to that. And when her car skids off the side of a wet country road straight into a ditch, she's convinced even the gorgeous guy who rescues her in the middle of the rain storm must be too good to be true. Or is he?

As a successful photographer who frequently travels around the world, Chase Sullivan has his pick of beautiful women, and whenever he's home in San Francisco, one of his seven siblings is usually up for causing a little fun trouble. Chase thinks his life is great just as it is--until the night he finds Chloe and her totaled car on the side of the road in Napa Valley. Not only has he never met anyone so lovely, both inside and out, but he quickly realizes she has much bigger problems than her damaged car. Soon, he is willing to move mountains to love--and protect--her, but will she let him?

Chloe vows never to make the mistake of trusting a man again. Only, with every loving look Chase gives her--and every sinfully sweet caress--as the attraction between them sparks and sizzles, she can't help but wonder if she's met the only exception. And although Chase didn't realize his life was going to change forever in an instant, amazingly, he isn't the least bit interested in fighting that change. Instead, he's gearing up for a different fight altogether...for Chloe's heart.

My thoughts:
I read to page 100 and then I had like 100 pages left so I thought why not and finished. But I did start skimming a bit after a while.

Why did it not work?

First Chloe is on the run from an ex. She is all men suck, but then when Chase stops to give her a lift she goes with him. A complete stranger. She then starts thinking about him and pleasures herself in the bath.

Chase meets her and is all wounded woman! I protect! He is all she is so lovely and I am so in love with her! Sure you are, you just met her, you do not know her, but she looks damn lovely and you wanna do her.

So she stays over in a guest cottage. She stays longer and they have sex. Sure, you do. You are only afraid of men and now you jump Chase cos of his washboard abs. And cos he is so pretty.

So they do it a lot. Talk much, nah. They do it and work.

I am sorry but I did not believe these two fell in love. She was scarred. He fell too fast. I am SO over insta love.

Conclusion:
It was only ok, but I could have done without the whole I AM IN LOVE. No you are NOT. You have barely spoken to her! Would I read more by this author? Nope.

Cover
*mutters something about how in love they are*

Kindle Edition, 384 pages
Published June 13th 2011 by Bella Andre
The Sullivans #1
Contemporary romance
Freebie


28 comments:

  1. I love your photos! (Did you see I took one this week?) This book sounds like it would annoy me greatly. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard such good things about her book but after this, no thanks.

      And I saw it now :) I do love taking pics

      Delete
  2. I read a Bella Andre book & I *think* it was this one but I don't' remember because I basically felt the same way you did lol

    Pretty pics this week :-)

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job this week but boo on the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that's too bad. I have this one in Mt TBR, now I wonder....I can't stand insta love either. Too fake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was beyond insta, crazy really *shakes head*

      Delete
  5. I would DNF that one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first picture is so pretty!

    I liked that one well enough but he was WAY too perfect for me and yeah the timeline was nutty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D
      I thought so too ;)

      He really was too perfect

      Delete
  7. You are doing so well with exercising and love those pictures!

    I have been wanting to read this author's books for a long time and have them on my Kindle. Suddenly, I'm not in a rush anymore :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe, I love this series. I am a sucker though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, alrighty then! LOL, this one really disappointed you, I can tell. I'm not sure what the insta-love thing is such an appealing plot device. I mean, the fun (at least from my point of view) is the journey to sex. Anyway... I see you've had another productive week, exercise-wise. I'll never get used to how much you're working out, you fiend! :) I've done 5 days this week, a tough aerobic program that left my thighs on fire. They're like gelatine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A tough aerobics program is always good :D Especially the ones that make you hurt hehe.

      Oh yes I am SO over insta love. When I first met BF I thought he was so hot. Did I instalove him? God no. Why would I? I did not know him

      Delete
  10. Well, at least it wasn't a true DNF, but I'm glad that it was short and you didn't have to struggle through that many pages :P

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only cos I had read half of it already ;)

      Delete
  11. aw sorry that it didn't fully work for you

    ReplyDelete
  12. *Sigh* I love your reviews:-) I have a couple of books by Bella Andre, but if she is so rudimentary I doubt I'll enjoy her:-( Gorgeous pics as usual

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D

      I can't say I recommend her ;)

      Delete
  13. great job on the exercise this week and I love the photo of the creek meandering :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP