Saturday 9 May 2015

#FitReaders: Weekly Check-in May 8 2015 and Scandal - Carolyn Jewel


#FitReaders is hosted by Geeky Bloggers Book Blog  and That’s What I’m Talking About.

Join in :D


Sat: Stomach virus
Sun: tried a 15 min walk
Mon: 40 min walk
Tue: 14 km bike (I had to get a book from the library..HAD TO ;)
Wed: 4 km bike only, felt fatigued again
Thu: 8 km bike, 1 h zumba (last zumba and I had no real energy :(
Fri: 4 km bike, 30 min walk

Spring is truly here, even some summer flowers have been blooming, way too early. As for the week, not good. I had a stomach virus and felt it for many days.



...........................................


The earl of Banallt is a reformed rake determined to win the heart of the only woman he’s ever loved. 

Two years after the death of her husband, Sophie Mercer Evans still has no use for Banallt. It’s true she knows him better than anyone, and that’s why she'll never forgive him his past and the mortal insult he dealt her. And yet, when her life is falling apart, it’s Banallt who stands by her. 

My thoughts:
Sophie was different in a way. She was a widow, ok nothing new there. But the thing was that she was really in love with her husband. Ok nothing new there. BUT he husband seduced her at 17, they eloped, her family cut her off. He constantly cheated on her and was away all the time. He used all her money, and still, she loved him. Ok, you were kind of an idiot there, but then again love makes fools of us all.

Banallt was a scoundrel. He was a womanizer. He said he was in love with his wife and he still cheated on her.Ugh. We will get back to that later.

What I did not like about this book was the flashbacks. Fine, there were dates, but when I am reading I am reeeeading, so I was all what, is this the past, future, present? Arghhhhh. They did not work, and they made no sense. It would have been better if they had all been at the beginning, or when we met them both.

But if I do not think about them I did like the story. She did not want Banallt. He wanted her from the first time they met. She was married then, he wanted to F everything that walked.

There was tension, and I even almost, only almost, cried at a time. I had not expected that.

When they did finally end up together I felt it was too fast, the HEA, not the stuff they did before. Also sure he said he had changed, but why for her? He said he loved his dead wife too. Do I believe he wont stray? Not really. Does she, not really.

Conclusion:
But I enjoyed it, though I could totally have done without the flashbacks. 

Cover
do I even have to tell you

Kindle Edition, 388 pages
Published May 31st 2012 (first published January 23rd 2009)
Historical romance
Own

Look at me, going through my print tbr and digital tbr :)



32 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better.
    Banallt sounds like a jerk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please, tell us about the cover ;) Lovely pictures, I'm glad you're feeling better, you were brave to keep working out while you were sick !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is someone ripping my clothes off? Who cares.

      And heads please

      Delete
  3. Most of the time I could do without the flashbacks.

    Very pretty flowers :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should join this challenge! I suck at excising! And I agree, flashbacks can get really confusing at times but I glad you liked the book overall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) Oh no! I have you feel better!!
    2) :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh poor Sophie, not a really good situation there...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flashbacks can be tricky. I recently read a book where the authors was doing flashbacks for two different timelines on top of the present one. Got too confusing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should have been been all in one place cos it was too confusing here

      Delete
  8. I hate it when the romance happens too fast

    ReplyDelete
  9. Flowers! Finally - I thought they'd never show up in your pics :D Sorry you haven't been feeling well. I also had a bad week, and only 4 days of exercising :\ Sometimes it gets like that. Anyway, confusing vibe about this book. Sounds unlikely and rushed in the worst places... But then, it almost made you cry, which ... intriguing! So, maybe... I hope you're back to your full strength soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yes spring has finally arrived :)

      Yes, it was about a surprising thing that had nothing do do with the couple ;)=

      Delete
  10. Those are some beautiful flower photos :) I love how your pics from your walks can be a photo journal over the months and seasons.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  11. Scandal sounds like a great one. Hope you enjoy, have a happy mother’s day and great upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seems like a lot of authors are using flashback lately. I'm ok reading a book with them once in a while but I get tired of it.
    Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just a messy way of doing it here

      Delete
  13. Hope you are feeling better. Daffodils are my favorite flower. They are blooming here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did great considering you had a stomach virus, I lay around and did zip lol. Love spring flowers!
    Love your review "almost, only almost, cried" ... you crack me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you are feeling better. I'm sure little nurse Luci took good care of you.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP