Saturday 30 May 2015

#FitReaders Check-In: May 29, 2015 and 2 reviews


Join in :D


Sun, 1 h bike
Mon, 4 km bike, 30 min walk
Tue, 8 km bike, 1 h workout class
Wed, 4 km bike, 30 min walk
Thu, 4 km bike
Fri, 30 min walk, 4 km bike

A horrible week :/ I am back to  why even bother? Sigh




.......................................

A Fool Again is the story of Genevieve, who once made a dash to Gretna Greene to marry, but was caught by her father. Now, a few years later, she attends the funeral of her elderly husband (not the man she ran away to marry) and who does she see but The One Who Got Away! Can they make their love work this time around or will Genevieve be A Fool Again?

My thoughts:
This one was kind of boring. I thought about giving up, but eh, it was under 80 pages.

Genevieve ran away, was found and was forced to marry an old guy. Then he dies and she meets that old flame again.

Yawn. She was kind of annoying in a way, yeah did not really like her. Her old flame was better. He wanted her, he gets her. The end.

Meh.

ebook, 74 pages
Published April 26th 2011 by HarperCollins e-books
Duchess Quartet #1.5


1 Ley Line Drifter by Kim Harrison - Pixy Jenks faces murderous dryad locked inside statue 
2 Reckoning by Jeaniene Frost - Bones, faces New Orleans ghouls who eat victims alive - horror 
3 Dark Matters by Vicki Pettersson - JJ superhero has illicit affair with Shadow agent Solange 
4 The Dead, the Damned, and the Forgotten by Jocelynn Drake - Savannah vampire Keeper Mira investigates murder 
5 Two Lines by Melissa Marr - Eavan resists sex and murder that morph her into a glaistig until Daniel Brennan, sex slaver, tempts her into both. 

My thoughts:
How to review a book where I dnfed half of it?

1 Ley Line Drifter by Kim Harrison 
Yawn. So very boring about a pixie, fairy whatever doing stuff. DNF

2 Reckoning by Jeaniene Frost 
It was about?...oh right Bones. DNF

3 Dark Matters by Vicki Pettersson 
This one I actually read, and kind of liked it.

4 The Dead, the Damned, and the Forgotten by Jocelynn Drake 
I also finished this one. I can't say I was all wow, but eh. Read it.

5 Two Lines by Melissa Marr 
Yawn. What was this about? DNF

A very boring anthology. I guess you need to love those series to like it.

Paperback, 358 pages
Published September 2009 by Eos (first published August 18th 2009)
The Hollows, #7.5; Night Huntress, #0.5; Sign of the Zodiac, #4.5; Dark Days, #0.6)
Urban fantasy, anthology
Own

34 comments:

  1. Where are Luci's pictures?... And about the books... mmm boring.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on, your week wasn't THAT horrible. You can walk, you can ride a bike, you can stroke Luci...yeah, I am pathetic when it comes to cheering up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I will only read one story in a novella, and just because it's a series I enjoy. That's okay, too.

    What can we do to help motivate you some?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so not the right fit for me.

      Dunno really, I just feel meh. It did not helped it rained all week. And I guess I miss my workout classes :/

      Delete
  4. One day I'll have to try a book by James I heard great things about her ut maybe not this one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah not this one, though I have liked others by her

      Delete
  5. I keep saying I need to try one of EJ's books but still haven't. Someday.
    It has rained all day here and is cold. I'm not motivated at all...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I've had two bad weeks too...mine is mostly due to work being stressful and a pain in the neck

    ReplyDelete
  7. I acutally started that anthology twice, I did read the first two, as I have read those series. But I get stuck in the next ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear that your week was horrible. :(
    I read 'A Fool Again' - it was meh to me too.
    I didn't read Unbound anthology, but I did read just Reckoning novella and it was meh too. I thought I was going to miss some important part of the story but those novellas are just money drain...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :/

      Totally! I am not a big novella fan, sometimes they do work. But those that work are those that have nothing to do with a series

      Delete
  9. I have to thank you for your weekly check ins! Seeing your logs have motivated me to work out more often and work out hard! I'm not losing weight but at least I'm doing something to be healthier. Even just a tiny bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to hear that! :D Now I feel better again

      Delete
  10. Don't be too hard on yourself, you've been doing so good.
    And ugh, the old being forced to marry an old guy storyline can get boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      Well, it is a historical fact for her so *shrug*

      Delete
  11. I think I have the Eloisa James book on my Kindle. Sometimes novellas can be surprisingly good and sometimes not.

    ReplyDelete
  12. C'mon, Linda, it wasn't a bad week! Look at how much exercise you did - GO, you!! So you DNFed a couple of books... Good thing that there are millions others just waiting for you to try them :))) I'm feeling very optimistic today (in case you couldn't tell :) Sun's shining, flowers are in bloom and I baked a pie with cherries from a tree I planted myself! :D Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :) Yes at least I did something.

      Haha, yes you are very optimistic and that is good! I do so not care about dnfs anymore. Everyone is all I am sorry, but I am all eh, who cares! I wont read boring books.

      Delete
  13. That's why I avoid anthology collections like this. Never know you'll get, and sometimes they're just too few good stories to make the entire book worth reading.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I won it ages ago so it did not make me feel bad ;)

      Delete
  14. Aw ducks!

    Boo on not liking the Bones one. I read that and liked it well enough. Didn't bother with the rest of the antho though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it was cos I have not read the books...cos I gave up

      Delete
  15. You kept moving though so that's good. I think I walked approximately 1000 miles in NYC during BEA lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BEA would be some crazy walking for sure

      Delete
  16. Hey, you are getting some time in. I've been terrible about exercising. With this sinus infection I've done nothing as it's hard to breath. But I have to get moving again. Maybe next week......

    ReplyDelete
  17. If that is a horrible workout week, I am absolutely abysmal. :) Sorry your reads weren't more impressive, but your pics are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP