Wednesday 6 May 2015

Hexed - Michael Alan Nelson

Luci Jenifer Inacio das Neves, Lucifer for short, isn't your typical teenaged girl.  She's a thief who survives by stealing bad things from bad people in the magical and mystical underworld hidden beneath our own.  So when a policeman's daughter, Gina, is kidnapped by a force he can't explain, Lucifer is the only one who has a chance at getting his daughter back.  

With the unsolicited help of Gina's friends, including Gina's boyfriend David, Lucifer's investigation leads to the unfortunate truth of the kidnapping.  Gina was taken to an otherworldly dimension by a creature of unspeakable evil: one of the Seven Sisters of Witchdown.  Against all odds, Lucifer must use every magical tool hidden in her trick bag to steal her way into the Shade and bring Gina back before the Sister sacrifices her for her own dark ends.  But the closer Lucifer gets to Gina, the closer she gets to David.  And David to her.  Lucifer must risk her life by confronting demons, witches, and the cruel demigoddess controlling her destiny - all to save the one girl who stands in the way of Lucifer finally finding love.  

My thoughts:
A good book is one which when you start to read it the pages just fly by. I enjoyed this one. Easy to read, entertaining, fun.

Lucifer, oh I can't remember all her names, but it's shortened Lucifer. She sees it as a memory to her grandmothers and is proud over her nickname, and since I named my cat that. Good name girl.

She is a thief of magical objects, living on her own and well able to protect herself. She is hired to find a missing girl that has been taken by magic. She gets some help from the girl's dad who is a cop and the girl's boyfriend. That part was a bit hm, as she starts to like him, and he likes her, and I was all, but he is in love with another...isn't he? But I did not mind that much, they are teens after all. And truthfully nothing romantic is going on, there is just this feeling.

The case brings them in contact with more magic, witches and all those things Normal people do not think exist. There is danger, and a twist too about her. I liked that.

Conclusion:
I enjoyed the book. A quick read. A nice plot, and with a promise of so much more to come. And I do hope more will come.

Cover
nice

Paperback, 290 pages
Expected publication: May 5th 2015 by Pyr
Paranormal suspense..ish /YA
For review


35 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed this one, I've been seeing it around a lot lately:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happens so rarely to me these days. I'm always thinking about my schedule and hurrying for my next read. I rarely get really pulled in. I'll give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad ./ I do like the ones that pull you in

      Delete
  3. I hope will more come for you too. It sounds nice a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you liked this one, I have read some hit and miss reviews. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that, but eh, can't please them all :)

      Delete
  5. Glad you enjoyed it. I'll keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds good. Only thing that worries me is that they are teens...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. I enjoyed this one but I didn't like the romance. It would have been bad if the book focused on the romance. I would read the next book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally bad. I am glad it did not focus. We knew it was there, and that one thing. But I never truly felt it so...well except for that last part

      Delete
  8. Cool. Good to hear. I thought I had head somewhere it was just okay, but I might be getting it mixed up with another books. Knowing me, probably. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am sure someone has thought that

      Delete
  9. Sounds like just what I need right now, a fun light read. Yeah the romance sounds unnecessary, but I'm glad it was still good. Nice name for a kitty. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like just what I need right now, a fun light read. Yeah the romance sounds unnecessary, but I'm glad it was still good. Nice name for a kitty. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, thank you, he is orange so it made sense ;)

      Delete
  11. How daring, naming the heroine Lucifer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It did totally fly by! Very entertaining story and wonderful character. I don't know if there will be more, but I did buy the graphic novel for more Lucifer :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for you :D
      I do hope there is more as so much more is coming

      Delete
  13. I'm glad you enjoyed this one. I like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You named your cat Lucifer?? Lol, you're killing me, Linda :D Glad you loved this one too, you're on a roll lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, yes I did :D Two friends were not amused. They told me to name him sunflower if I wanted a yellow name. LAME

      Delete
  15. Quick and fun? Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is this first in a new series?

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP