Tuesday 26 May 2015

Wedding bells in Christmas - Debbie Mason

Wedding bells are ringing in the charming town of Christmas, but not for Vivian Westfield. She's just had her heart trampled under the cowboy boots of Chance McBride and lost her dream job at a big-city newspaper. But when she returns for a wedding, she stumbles on a story that could resurrect her career. First, though, she'll have to deal with the handsome man standing in her way... and a still-burning flame that's too hot to ignore.

Chance recognizes trouble when he sees it. He just didn't expect to find it in the first-class cabin on the flight home for his father's wedding. Yet there she is, as gorgeous as ever. Vivi dared Chance to want things he knew he could never have. It's why he left her. But Christmas's meddling matchmakers have them firmly in their sights. So if they want to survive the next week, they'll have to play the part of an adoring couple—an irresistible charade that may give them a second chance at the real thing... 

My thoughts:
It was book 4, and sure there was talk about other couples, but I did not feel like I had missed out. It worked well as a stand alone. And that next book seems promising.

Viv is a hot-head. It's good to be curious, but curiosity killed the cat. She was reckless.

Chance lost his wife and child 5 years ago and will never love again. It's good to mourn, but life goes on and you can love again. And you obviously like Viv since you are protecting #stalking# her.

They had a fling, he left cos he can't love again. She is angry (oh and there is this other thing, not cool man.) Sparks fly, cos they can't stay away from each other.

To their help in this small town they have Aunt Nell. More about her! Not enough, not near enough of her. Ya know, the meddling older relative who likes to play matchmaker.

But, with all those good things I felt kind of..meh. I did not like Viv, there is a line she crossed of recklessness. And Chance was particularly stalking her even though he sigh, could not love again. I did not feel like they worked together. I did not feel the chemistry and I did not like them...

Conclusion:
But the suspense was good. Still, a meh book. 

Cover
Cute in a way

Kindle Edition 400
Expected publication: May 26th 2015 by Forever
Christmas, Colorado #4
Contemporary romance
NG

31 comments:

  1. I love small town settings, but besides that, this doesn't really seem worth my time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn Meh Books! However if the Suspense was good still kind of a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, thanks for the warning !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Small town settign with good suspense but an overall meh... that doesn't sound like a winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tricky, good, but the characters were not likable so made it meh

      Delete
  5. That's too bad the chemistry wasn't all there, the premise sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear it was good suspense even if MC was reckless

    ReplyDelete
  7. *crunches on granola bar* You know how I feel about stalkers. haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boo. I hate meh-reads. I feel like I wasted my time reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually find that if I don't like the characters in romance novels or don't feel the chemistry it turns out to be meh book. In fantasy/paranormal there's still action and world-building to pull it out of the guther, that's why I read them more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, I can read fantasy with meh characters but when it comes to this I need more since their romance is all there is

      Delete
  10. Oh I liked the first book in the series. I need to get caught up. I didn't realize there were so many out already . Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm not sure about this. Sounds like a frustrating read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay this one doesn't sound like something I would like. Next...

    ReplyDelete
  13. cover is cute but 'meh' just doesn't do it for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing how all these *emotionally unavailable* men in books dedicate such huge amounts of time on pursuing women, right? :))) Sharp review - as ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know! One would think they would be more aloof

      Delete
  15. Yay for standalone! Sorry it was a meh book though.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP