Wednesday 26 August 2015

Single white vampire - Lynsay Sands

Roundhouse Publishing editor Kate C. Leever's first letter to her new author was meant to impress upon him the growing demand for vampire romances. And even though he'd expressed little-to-no desire for any publicity, book tours, or similar, it was clear this was an author just waiting to be broken out - despite himself, if necessary.
When she suggested attending a romance convention his response - unusually quick to arrive - was succinct: 'No.'

But Kate was adamant: Mr Lucern Argeneau was going to attend a romance convention and meet his fans. By hook or by crook, despite his reclusive nature and odd sleep patterns, the surly yet handsome author would attend. And she was sure that, once there, he would reveal himself to be a true charmer.

Of course, that was before she realised that his 'romances' were more like biographies, and it's literally her neck on the line...

My thoughts:
I have reached that conclusion before, but funny pnr still works for me! Why? Well it doesn't take itself so seriously. You know the epic. "OMG we are soulmates, but alas I am betrothed to the evil witch queen of Agrabad and you are only a human. But we shall be together, and do it like 100 times a day. This I promise thee my tasty human." So, this was not that. There was no instalove. She found him So annoying. He just thought she might be tasty to drink. There wasn't even any instamating. Sure, he could not hear her thoughts, but that does not mean she was the only person in the world this would be true for.

The story is about Luc, a "vampire" (ok so he is not really a vamp, he is Atlantian and the nanos inside him makes him live longer, heal fast, and he needs blood for them to work.) He is a romance writer (he wrote biographies ;). His editor Kate is hounding him to go to anything really to meet his fans. So he will. And they will fall in love and live happily ever after.

Conclusion:
I did like the humour. It made me giggle. 

Cover
Eh

Paperback, 369 pages
Published February 25th 2010 by Gollancz (first published September 1st 2003)
Argeneau #3
Paranormal romance
Own

37 comments:

  1. Seems really great, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read any book from this author before. You make it sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I'm tempted to drop the series because it's not as funny as I hoped it would, there's something in it that grabs me back. And there's always something that makes me roll on the floor laughing : this time, the condom scene at the hotel !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I love a good PNR with humor that doesn't take itself too seriously:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love funny pnr, even in real life with your significant other it's not always rainbows and roses right? So why not do the same with immortals?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Humor does sound like a great part of it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup! I'm all about the humor these days. I can't seem to handle angst and drama anymore.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like funny anything so I would read this for that reason.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it when a book makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had me at humor. :) I love a good giggling book too and can overlook other things that might bother me otherwise. Yea, I agree with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This author has been on my list to read for the longest time. I should start already. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds pretty awesome! :) The humor is definitely calling my name... To giggle is to keep healthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really need to read this series, and love when humor is weaved in :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love hilarious PNR books. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read a couple of books in Argeneau series. I think this one is my favorite so far. Fun and light.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never read her books, but this sounds very entertaining. Like contemporary romance with a paranormal twist. Can you read stand alone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read them all out of order, so it works :)

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP