Tuesday 25 August 2015

You're the Earl I want - Kelly Bowen

For businessman Heath Hextall, inheriting an earldom has been a damnable nuisance. The answer: find a well-bred, biddable woman to keep his life in order and observe the required social niceties. But it's always been clear that Lady Josephine Somerhall is not that woman. Once a shy slip of a girl, Joss is now brilliant, beautiful chaos in a ball gown. 

In her heart, Joss has always loved Heath, the one person she's always been able to count on. That doesn't mean she wants to marry him though. Without a husband, Joss can do as she pleases—and now, it pleases her to solve the mystery of an encoded file given to Heath by a dying man. It's put Heath in peril once, and Joss won't let that happen again. She'll do what she must to ensure the earl's safety. And to remind him that what she lacks in convention, she makes up for in passion. 

My thoughts:
I do like a heroine that is different. Joss was no shrinking violet. She has been all over the world. She speaks a lot of languages. She loves math and books. She says what she wants to, even when she really should not.

Heath is a proper gentleman, who wants to marry a proper lady who can raise his family and if she is easy to talk to then that is a good thing. He may be an earl, but he comes from trade. And you know how low that is.

Heath is best friends with her brother, so that is how they meet again when Heath is wife hunting. He finds her bothersome, she is in love with him. There is great chemistry, and he is such a fool for not seeing how perfect she is for him.

There is also the story of some strange papers, a dead runner, and a conspiracy that they are suddenly in the middle of. At first that was fun, but omg what a conspiracy. It was good, but a bit too big.

Conclusion:
A nice couple. A bit of danger and romance. 

Cover
Nice

Kindle Edition, 384 pages
Expected publication: August 25th 2015 by Forever
The Lords of Worth #3
Historical romance
NetGalley

40 comments:

  1. Ooh I'm a sucker for a little sister/big brother's best friend romantic setup! Plus, I love Joss already:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The balance of danger and romance sounds enjoyable in this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, I just had to smile at the title. Cute :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting but not quite my cup of tea unless I'm in a weird mood. Thanks for the review, nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes it's nice to have different heroines in HR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An edgy storyline, seems like an intriguing read. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hm... I do love a good conspiracy so I'm curious. Too big? Want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book is popular in the sphere today

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the novella I read by her so I'm definitely going to pick this one up.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw you were reading one, about his sis?

      Delete
  10. Sounds entertaining and a fun heroine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds good and I really like that cover. It's pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoy this kind of romantic trope! Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the romance aspect of this one, but I am put of by that conspiracy you mention. I like my historicals to focus on romance only...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not mind a little of something else, but I do want the focus to be on the romance

      Delete
  14. A bit of danger and romance sounds very appealing :) And she does seem like the type of heroine that comes across as different. I like that she's well-traveled and speaks so many languages :) Brilliant review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In that way she was very modern, but whatevs, there is always someone

      Delete
  15. A dark romance and a geeky,educated heroine..yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds cute. I like the little bit of danger.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP