Thursday 6 August 2015

Sweet Nothing - Alison May

Is something always better than nothing? 
Ben Messina is a certified maths genius and romance sceptic. He and Trix met at university and have been quarreling and quibbling ever since, not least because of Ben’s decision to abandon their relationship in favour of … more maths! Can Trix forget past hurt and help Ben see a life beyond numbers, or is their long history in danger of ending in nothing? 

Charming and sensitive, Claudio Messina, is as different from his brother as it is possible to be and Trix’s best friend, Henrietta, cannot believe her luck when the Italian model of her dreams chooses her. But will Claudio and Henrietta’s pursuit for perfection end in a disaster that will see both of them starting from zero once again? 

My thoughts:
This was a re-telling of Much ado about nothing (I like that Branagh movie version btw.)

Trix, has sworn off men. They just break your heart. You can have a lot of fun without them.

Ben is the math loving genius who broke her heart. Idiots! You are perfect for each other!

If you know the story, then you know their friends will use trickery to get these two to see the light.

Then there is lovely Henrietta who falls for Claudio. I did like how these two were portrayed. He was handsome, but did he think of others? She had some obsessions of her own. You will see.

A nice re-telling. The story is there, but in a modern setting. There characters have their quirks, and a few flashbacks made me see why.

Conclusion:
Amusing with a dash of romance.

Cover
Too intense

Paperback, 320 pages
Expected publication: August 7th 2015 by Choc Lit (first published November 28th 2013)
Romantic fiction /womens fiction
For review

29 comments:

  1. Seems fair enough, nice and honest review. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever read a Much Ado About Nothing retelling, I'll have to check this out:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is some bad photoshopping on the cover - they're not looking at each other at all. Staring intensely at each others ears or over each others shoulders just doesn't work...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Branagh and Much Ado about Nothing! Need to rewatch that!! Sounds like a cute read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eww I hate math....and people who do are weirdos. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the movie too, this does sound fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the movie too, this does sound fun

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun read. I don't think I've seen the Branagh movie but it sounds like I should.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my first time seeing this book. I love retellings of classics! Thanks for the intro and review.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Branagh version is definitely my favorite. Love that man.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how eclectic your book reading is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I've ever read a retelling of Much Ado. Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never read/seen Much Ado. (Not sure if originally a play, a book, or what lol) But this sounds like it has the potential for good bicker/banter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never read/seen Much Ado. (Not sure if originally a play, a book, or what lol) But this sounds like it has the potential for good bicker/banter.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP