Friday 13 January 2012

Flash Fiction friday


Welcome to another flash fiction Friday, hosted by the lovely Dottie @Tink's Place. Every Monday we get a new picture, and we write a 350ish word story on Friday. Be free to join us

(pic has been removed: elf and panther)

The Elf and the Panther
by Blodeuedd


She was a thing of beauty. He had followed her for days but she kept on slipping through his grasp. She was the night stalker, the creature of nightmares, a Goddess of Death and destruction. She was perfect. At night when he had to stop for a few hours sleep he could hear her in the distance. He did not want to sleep but he knew he would never catch her if he did not rest. He could hunt the next day, though she was not prey. She was something else. Call it fate, call it knowing, damn it all, call it love.

He was deep in the Ryarian Mountains when she cornered him. He had not meant it to happen. He had thought she was further along the path. He stood still and stared into her golden eyes as she growled deep in her throat. She came closer and he held his breath as her tail touched his leg. One move and she would rip his throat off.
“Nice kitty,” he whispered and she stood still. He could see the disbelief in her eyes and he knew he has won this battle, but he has lost the war. As she ran away he did not follow. Instead he went homewards. Weeks of tracking were over. He went home to his village, he talked to his kin and they all told him he had done the right thing.

Kaerin split the log in two and wiped the sweat of his brow. He had been home for weeks now and he feared that his decision has been the wrong one. He should have continued, even though the panther had looked him in the eye and told him to back off. And he had, because he knew that if she did not come then she certainly would not if he continued. But he missed her, he missed the hunt.

He looked up and was startled at once. Before him stood a beautiful woman, dressed only in a black pelt. He had not heard her sneak up on him, then she smiled and winked at him and he knew that he had finally won. You do not force love, you let it come to you. And he smiled back.



-----------------

Huh, what is wrong with me? Happiness and stuff ;)





29 comments:

  1. I love panters, wow you're good at this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Blodeuedd! I am impressed. I want more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, don't make my head explode now :) I am glad you liked it

      Delete
  3. You are freaking AWESOME at this Linda! I loved it. The beginning had my heart picking up speed and the ending gave me goose bumps! Fantastic flash fiction! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you * blush* Thank you so much :D I usually go for the dark stories but for some reason I made this into a love one

      Delete
  4. You are WAY good at this! I couldn't come up with 100 words if I tried!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D It is fun, though I admit that it's sometimes hard getting over 300 ;)

      Delete
  5. Yay! I'm so happy you gave us a HEA! Kaerin is a smart man, to let his woman take charge.

    Happy Friday, B!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday Missie :D

      Yes a good man knows when to let the woman take charge

      Delete
  6. Look at the pretty black kitty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, I love it! I'm a sucker happy ending. Of course, then I wonder how happy you're going to be with a Goddess of Death and Destruction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, well I am sure they are gonna be happy :) Maybe she is just wicked in cat form ;)

      Delete
  8. That's *really* good! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, what!?! Where is all the blood? The death? Huh?

    lol! I really love this one! The way it all comes around in the end. Wonderful story! LOVE it! :) Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I surprised myself. I truly never know when I start writing and somehow this dark image got a HEA from me. Lol

      And I did like the end too, cos else it would have been freaky if he was in love with a real cat

      Delete
  10. I wuv it! Mel made me cry, but you made me happy! I gots my HEA! Whee!!! *twirls*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic piece Linda! I love the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Le sigh, the comments look a bit messy now cos I turned off threaded comments

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melissa
    And I have still not read hers! Eeek busy busy. But yes a HEa for you my lady

    Thanks Staci :)


    Darlene
    Awww, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 'You do not force love, you let it come to you.'<-wonderful story Blod, I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So looks like Melissa (books&Things) read the stories in the right order this week. ;D LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Damn! Your talented Blodeuedd!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Naida :D


    Melissa
    Lol, it looks that away, and after your evil one is was surely needed


    Awww thank you Cherry!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My evil one... I think we got our roles switched here, you are to be the evil one and I'm suppose to be the nice one. You must be wearing off on me. ;D LOL! But was a great week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hopping through from Tink's Place. Oh, intrigued there. So the woman is a shapeshifter? :D

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP