Thursday 12 January 2012

Review: Dreaming of Mr.Darcy - Victoria Connelly

Genre: Contemporary romance/ Austenesque
Pages: 352
Published: Jan 1, 2012
Publisher: Sourcebooks Landmark
Source: For review


Fledgling illustrator and Darcy fanatic Kay Ashton settles in the seaside town of Lyme to finish her book, The Illustrated Mr. Darcy, when a film company arrives to make a new adaptation of Persuasion. Kay is soon falling for the handsome bad boy actor playing Captain Wentworth, but it's the quiet screenwriter Adam Craig who has more in common with her beloved Mr. Darcy. Though still healing from a broken heart, Adam finds himself unexpectedly in love with Kay, but it will take more than good intentions to convince her that her real happy ending is with him.

My thoughts:
This was a bit different from my usual JA stuff, but it still deals with the love of Austen. Kay, our heroine, truly loves Jane Austen. Truly loves is the word. But then our hero loves JA too, talk about a match made in heaven...or not.

This was a bit of an Emma novel. Kay is clueless (but in a good way) that Adam likes her. Because she is oogling hottie actor Oli who is playing Captain Wentworth. And this is where the Emma story comes in. She is smitten by someone who is just playing with her. And she is trying to hook up a friend with Adam. Not a good matchmaker, and neither was Emma. But it does make for a delightful story. She is dreaming about her actor, and poor poor Adam can't do anything about it.

I liked Kay, cos she was not clueless in a bad way. Come one, if Colin Firth hang around my house then of course I would stare at him and not the shy nerd who tries to talk to me. So it was understandable that she did not notice. I also liked who silly she was and how her mind went to babies and weddings at once. She was such a daydreamer. While our hero was a lovely shy guy who, aww, hugs. I do like a good shy guy.

Conclusion:
It was a cute story about not seeing that which is right in front of you. But true love always wins.

Cover:
Ok


--------------

Btw. Blogger has awesome threaded comments now, yay. But do tell me if you do not like the pink box which the comments are in...though I can't seem to fix the color.

46 comments:

  1. And this is how it looks so that you all know

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a cute story!! It would be a perfect read on a color winter day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like today here :) Not that cold, but sure lots of snow

      Delete
  3. Ugh! I still can't get the reply thing to show up on my blog. Must have done something wrong, but it looks cool!

    I love shy guys, too, so Adam would probably swoon me off my feet. And since I'm a big day dreamer, I know Kay and I would get along. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did not work for me at first, but then I read the blogger buzz blog and changed my settings to embedded comments, and then it worked :D

      Lol, I sure saw myself in her when it came to that too

      Delete
  4. Awwww. Sounds like my type of read. I love both Darcy and wentworth soooooo that would be a hard choice to make. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them both too, in different ways :) Awww, I should watch persuasion again

      Delete
  5. @Missie---You have to use the embedded! I am hoping they move it to the pop-up comments too :) Alas they may not LOL

    I love Jane Austen tweaked stories. I think I might have to read this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them to bits :D Well duh, I do have them around a lot

      Delete
  6. I'm reading this now and enjoying it. It's not surprising how blind Kay is. Her head really is in the clouds! But I still like her. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like her too. But then my head is often in the clouds too...ok make that all the time

      Delete
  7. I've been seeing a lot of reviews for this one. It sounds like such a sweet story. This one is already on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very sweet, and it is not all romance and happiness either since she is so blind when it comes to the perfect guy

      Delete
  8. This sounds adorable! Thanks for putting it on my radar, I love characters that can't see the obvious (in a sweet, endearing way, not in a too-stupid-to-live type of way).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes if she has been TSTL it would have bugged me. But she just had her heads in the clouds and was smitten by someone else

      Delete
  9. Sounds cute, but I think Kay might annoy me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice review Blodeuedd. I like these new comment boxes. Nice and tight. I have no seem them on another blog yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can have them too :) As long as your commented are embedded. Cos it did not work else for me

      Delete
  11. I love these Jane Austen type stories and this sounds like a good one, too.

    I have to check out these comment boxes. I really like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havae actually no idea why I got a box, cos checked blogs that do not have them...hm, mystery

      Delete
  12. I never say no to Jane Austen fiction ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Come one, if Colin Firth hang around my house then of course I would stare at him and not the shy nerd who tries to talk to me.

    Don't tell your bf ;). I am happy you liked the book so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Schhhhhh! *looks around* Bf is shaving, it is ok to talk now

      Delete
  14. I saw this one on Netgalley the other day. Did you also see the other one similar to it...Mr. Darcy Forever by the same author? It's out on NetGalley too and it's release date isn't until April 1, 2012! :-D I'm sure you did see it but I wanted to make sure I mentioned it. I'm glad you enjoyed this read Linda. Yippy for another one that you actually liked at the beginning of 2012 *crossing fingers for many more like this*!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hn....I think I saw it. Lol, my memory is the worst. I did check NG quickly, and quickly is the word, I saw a bunch of books I wanted and hurried out in fear since I really should not request books from there when I do not have a reader ;) Still one slipped in

      Delete
  15. sounds lovely. I'll keep an eye out for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds something I would like. Plus I really like Emma. Oh the comments are cool. I think I'll go back to blogger comments then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love them, this is what I always wanted. But I never went over to something else cos I knew how lazy I was sometimes on other blogs to put in my name and such

      Delete
  17. Oh I'll have to play around with blogger!

    This sounds so cute and love that it has a HEA. Sounds like the kind of back and forth in a romance I can take!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Play around and see what you get :)

      It was cute and it sure had that HEA, even if it took a while

      Delete
  18. Altho the threaded comments aren't so helpful when subscribed to the comments, since I can't tell who you're replying to. Pooey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pooey :/ And I also noticed that the numbers are gone and they were so helpful in contests

      Delete
  19. Ok, so maybe it's something with the cookies or something on my home computer. Hmm, I'll have to try again tonight. :)

    Darcy! I enjoy reading your reviews of these books. :) hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find an answer cos that must be so freaking annoying

      Delete
    2. Very annoying. :) But now I have to figure out how this all is going to work too. I subscribe to see comments, but when people reply I don't know who they are replying to when I see the responses in my email. Ga. Blogger should have left well enough alone. Oh well.

      Delete
    3. I heard that :/ Chris complained too. But, oh I do not know. I love threaded comments, it's so easy for me to comment to each person

      Delete
    4. I do like the threaded idea too, they just need to tweak it a little more for us who like to read the comments back. :)

      Delete
  20. I like the nice shy guys too. I've read several good reviews for this one. It sounds like a cute one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nice and shy ones are great. They may not always get noticed but when you get one then <3

      Delete
  21. I loved this one!! What do you mean about threaded comments?????

    ReplyDelete
  22. You know, that girl in the cover, uncannily looks like Emma Watson...

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP