Sunday 15 January 2012

Review: No rest for the wicked - Kresley Cole

Series: Immortals after dark #3
Genre: Paranormal romance
Pages: 384
Published: 2011 (2006)
Publisher: Simon and Schuster UK
Source: Bought

A vampire warrior who yearns for death...Three hundred years ago, Sebastian Wroth's brothers forced him to become a vampire-a nightmare in his mind. Shamed and alone for ages, he longs to die. Until an exquisite creature comes to kill him, inadvertently saving him instead. A beautiful assassin dispatched to destroy him...When Kaderin the Cold Hearted lost her two beloved sisters long ago, a benevolent force deadened her sorrow-accidentally extinguishing all of her emotions. Yet whenever she encounters the vampire with his grave eyes, her feelings-particularly lust-emerge multiplied. For the first time, she's unable to complete a kill. The prize is a key powerful enough to resurrect her sisters. Not understanding the key's import, Sebastian hinders her against other opponents by using her new feelings to seduce her and earn her love. But when Kaderin is forced to choose between finally killing Sebastian and reuniting her family, how can she live without either...?

My thoughts:
I did not like it as much as a certain book called A demon from the dark, but then that book was just delicious. Don't get me wrong, this book was also good, just not as good. You know the story. 

Sebastian Wroth is our worthy hero, who hates being a vampire. And he is a smart, now who does not like a warrior nerd? It sure works for me. Then we got Kaderin, sure I liked her but not that much since she is cold, which is totally stupid to say cos she is Kaderin the coldhearted. But then thing is she melts, but she still feels cold for me. But then who would not fight against falling for a vampires? Point taken. 

And I liked the whole fated for life thing because that does not mean they are in love like with other books. He knew she was her Bride and went to hunt her down. But he did not love her, so no instalove, passion yes but then he is a hunk and she is not that shabby herself. 

Conclusion:
We got a wild hunt for treasures, sweet loving (ok not sweet ;), and a insight into this very fascinating world. And it does make it my favorite paranormal series.

Cover:
Not a fan since they all look alike, but on its own, well he looks hot, the little I see of him

26 comments:

  1. Just because Paul Marron is my most, absolutest favouritest Kresley Cole cover art model, I have to agree with you that this is not my favouritest cover... simply because that is not Paul Marron ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, that's sooooo different from the US cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, so many covers look exactly alike! I guess those are the most effective, but so blah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that a book can be delicious!! Even though this wasn't quite to that degree it still sounds like a good read. I will have to check out this series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cherry
    Lol, I guess you really really like this Paul Marron ;)
    I shall google him


    Chris
    I know, very different, but I think better


    Aarti
    I know :/ Well at least I like the scruff


    Staci
    It's a good one. I am gonna try to finish one more book before the latest is out

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a series that I've been wanting to try for some time now. I know what you mean though about one book in a series not being as good as the previous...it can be frustrating. I'm still planning on giving this series a try at some point because it does sound good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a fan of Kresley Cole novels. Oooups...I should say I have never read them at all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always look these books when I'm at bookstore and I'm thinking I need to try these one day. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Samantha
    It's still a good series and I just love that oen book cos he was the Alphas of Alphas. Never seen a hero like that and I was just taken by it



    Ana
    bad bad you ;)


    Elysium
    There is sure where I got it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not a fan of the cover either! Not sure it's one for me...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mel
    Well, you can always try the one I loved ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard alot about this author but have yet to read one of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yvonne
    You should give one a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have yet to read this author, but I do want to. I guess I'll have to look out for A demon from the Dark then.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear you didn't much mind this one. I've not read this series, and I don't know if I will. It just doesn't seem to catch my attention much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kresley Cole! She is on my must finish her series list this year LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. He doesn't look so bad. hahaha. Sounds like an interesting book. I'm wondering what she chooses, because hell...with a nerdy vampire warrior in the mix it would be a hard choice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Naida
    The demon book is yummy, I have never meet anyone that alpha in any other book


    Melissa
    We can't all love them :)


    Felicia
    I got a lot of catching up to do! I have read 3 of her books, but I do got two more...and then I am missing a lot in the middle


    Carole
    He looks good, I like the beard ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think I've only read one book by her. I so need to fix that. I could use a book with some not so sweet lovin' in it. ;D LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. Melissa
    Then this is the book ;) And I shall read more, I got two coming up soon

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey honey!!! That is a different cover, I had to look twice!
    How have you been?? Miss you!!!
    Hope all is well with you and bf!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is another one of those series that everyone talks about all the time and I haven't even picked up book one. Sorry you didn't like this one as much but I'm glad you at least got through it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have couple of these books but haven't read them, yet. I need to find the time. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great review but not for me. I fell like I read this somewhere with the roles reversed.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lol, glad you enjoy the series.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cecile
    Hugs! Thanks honey :) I have been good...well, been sick for a while, but that's life. I hope all is well on your end!


    Paper
    Oh it was still good, just not as good. Cos book ..10 or was it 9? Anyway that book freaking rocked my pants off.


    BookCat
    Aye, you sure do lass


    Jenny G
    Hm, well I am sure that has happened :)


    Aurian
    I am :D

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP