Tuesday 31 January 2012

Review: Deliver me from darkness - Tes Hilaire

Series: Paladin Warriors #1
Genre: Paranormal romance
Pages: 368
Published: February 7, 2012
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Source: For review

A STRANGER IN THE NIGHT... 
He had once been a warrior of the Light, one of the revered Paladin. A protector. But now he lives in darkness, and the shadows are his sanctuary. Every day is a struggle to overcome the bloodlust. Especially the day Karissa shows up at his doorstep. 

COMES KNOCKING ON THE DOOR 
She is light and bright and everything beautiful—despite her scratches and torn clothes. Every creature of the night is after her. So is every male Paladin. Because Karissa is the last female of their kind. But she is his. He may not have a soul, but he can't deny his heart.

My thoughts:
I read this book in no time, the pages just kind of flew by. There was passion, there was drama and there was this ease over it all which I appreciated. 

Roland then, he is your good guy, who is sadly bad, but does not want to be. While Karissa is your good girl, running from the baddies. And one of Roland's old buddies brings her around to keep her safe. Which she does not like, considering Roland is bad and all. They are meant to be and nothing can stop that. 

I needed a bit of fated love where the man goes all mine! Where they are totally wrong but that pull of true love gets them together. Where things might be rushed, but hey, it's love. And here I liked it. 

There was something light over the language here which worked well in this rather dark world. The Paladins, the good guys, do not seem that good when all comes down to it. And the bad guys, well they are evil. There were side-characters too around and I hope Logan finds love, I would like to see more of a certain vamp girl, and a certain paladin grew on me. I'd read more of this light yet so dark paranormal romance. 

Conclusion:
It's a promising start to a new series. True love, evil vampires out to get you and secrets that will keep you entertained. 

Cover:
Oh you know me, I want to see a head

----------------

Tes Hilaire is stopping by tomorrow, and there will be an interview and a contest to win this book :)


25 comments:

  1. Sounds good Blod, and oh that cover is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe his head would scare us...

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my paranormal romances, I always like when the guy goes all "mine", though in real life I probably wouldn't find it nearly as amusing:) I'll be checking this series out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That damned elusive head! *shakes fists* WE WILL SEE YOU ONE DAY!

    Ummm...yeah...sounds like a fun adventure! I'll check this out. I need a good fantasy novel, because Silver Wolf is taking FOREVER to come to me. Bleh. GREAT review though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naida
    I am glad you think so

    Chris
    Well..he is described as goth so he must be darn scary ;)


    jenny
    Lol, yes in real life if someone saw me and then went all mine I would call the cops

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carole
    It is out there somewhere, hiding..taunting us. Like a unicorn.

    Now that does not sound good at all :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes, this kind of story is just what we need. And, boy, do I agree about the head!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dana
    the heads costs money :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhh secrets! I like secrets and even better i like Vampire secrets!

    My fake men can get all Alpha with their "mine" "grrrr" "mine" but the real men better never try that LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol, the heads are too costly whereas the abs...practically cheapo! A dozen a penny!

    True love, evil vampires out to get you and secrets that will keep you entertained.

    Hmmm...do you want to hear something goth scary? I don't like the sound of this book - not at all. A perfect suggestion for a negative review...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely enjoy fated love and alpha males in paranormal romance hehe, so I think this one is for me :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh! I'm always looking for new series that have vampires in them. Since I love the cover of this one, I'll be checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like you really enjoyed this book so I might have to think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cover doesn't appeal to me but your review does make me want to know more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Felicia
    Oh no, they would just dare...ok bf are allowed to go all grrrr mine if he want to...once ;) But he never would do that. And it would be creepy, lol.


    Ana
    Lol, abs for all is the motto ;)

    Hey hey, nothing of that in here. No fluffy sweet books for you.


    Gaby
    There is just something about the whole MINE!!!!!!!!!!!! and fated love that makes me go all awwww

    ReplyDelete
  16. Missie
    I am glad you do, I just, yes miss the head


    Amused
    It was nice and relaxing


    Mel
    Oh you know me and covers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooo, sounds sweet. ;D LOL! Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It wasn't until the last sentence that I realized this was about vampires! Call me *clueless*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice review, and I would love to start reading this series, if it wasn't for the name Paladin.
    I already read a series about the Paladins of Darkness, written by Alexis Morgan, and I love it. I could not enjoy this new series with similar title names and covers and Paladins in it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really should read a romance soon. I've been rather mystery heavy lately.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Roro
    Thanks :)


    Melissa
    I do like that, perfect for me that day


    Steph
    Well...it's about a guy who is a vamp, but he was not always, and all the other vamps are bad. So not truly about them ;)


    Aurian
    Aha, while I on the other hand has not come across any paladins before so it worked well for me


    Carol
    I have noticed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, that hot man on the cover can deliver me from anything!! Whew! Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like a great read and one that I would definitely enjoy. I'm adding it to my TBR list now!!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP