Wednesday 25 January 2012

Review: A Brush of Darkness - Allison Pang

Series. Abby Sinclair #1
Genre: UFPNR
Pages: 343
Published: 2011
Publisher: Pocket
Source: Bought

The man of her dreams might be the cause of her nightmares.
Six months ago, Abby Sinclair was struggling to pick up the pieces of her shattered life. Now, she has an enchanted iPod, a miniature unicorn living in her underwear drawer, and a magical marketplace to manage. But despite her growing knowledge of the OtherWorld, Abby isn’t at all prepared for Brystion, the dark, mysterious, and sexy-as- sin incubus searching for his sister, convinced Abby has the key to the succubus’s whereabouts. Abby has enough problems without having this seductive shape-shifter literally invade her dreams to get information. But when her Faery boss and some of her friends vanish, as well, Abby and Brystion must form an uneasy alliance. As she is sucked deeper and deeper into this perilous world of faeries, angels, and daemons, Abby realizes her life is in as much danger as her heart—and there’s no one she can trust to save her.

My thoughts:
I thought it would be UF but considering the sexual tension and the smexing I am proclaiming this to be...UFPNR. 

I came into a world as confused as Abby was, but she just put up a better front and slowly I understood what she was involved in. But I will not tell you that, since that will spoil the plot. She is tough, snarky and damaged. But I like her and anyone who can put up with a horny little unicorn is good to me. 

Then we have the love interest, Brystion who oozes sex, well duh, he is an incubus. He will ride those dreams until you beg for more. What can I say, I am a sucker for dark and sexy. Together these two are sizzling. 

As for the story there is the hunt for his sister, Abby's boss and figuring out what the heck is going on in town. All while dealing with your friendly neighborhood incubus and having wet dreams about said demon. 

Conclusion:
It was a fun ride and I think I liked the end the best, why..well beats me. There was just a lot of tension and I sure like that.

Cover:
Awesome

22 comments:

  1. UFPNR? Now I'm confused but I think you just invented a new genre!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A "horny little unicorn"...<-lol, thats a first!
    I do enjoy tension in the romance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure this would be one I'd pick up but you never know. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steph
    Lol, well it felt like that ;)


    Naida
    The horny unicorn was the best, awww, big lol there


    Darlene
    I went by the cover, yup that works for me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have this book but have had it on my wishlist for a while - glad you liked it! I like the unicorn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mel
    I had it too and then I had to get it, sadly the trip was not good to it. But hey tape fixed it

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is UFPNR??? Me confused!! Glad you liked this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Phin! I would love to have a horny unicorn like him! ROFL Oh and it is SO UFPNR!

    I have the second one sitting on my shelf waiting for me. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. B,

    I just finished this one a couple of days ago. I liked it enough to want to read the next one. :)

    M

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure this is a book for me, but the cover is great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha a "horny little unicorn" now that I have to read :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. UFPNR---you crack me up :) Those horny little unicorn's will cause a genre mix up every time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This series has been on my wishlist for a while now, really need to take some time off to read!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chris
    I thought about that but for some reason nah, wanted pnr in there too ;)

    Carrie
    :)


    Mel
    Lol, that is just me mixing genres again


    Melissa
    Haha, I think I will skip the horny unicorn humping my leg. Freaks me out a bit

    ReplyDelete
  15. Michelle
    I do hope to read the next one one day


    Yvonne
    That is truly great


    Teddy
    It sure is a first


    Felicia
    I try my best ;)


    Aurian
    Luckily there is just this one out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've thought about getting this one. SOunds like such a fun ride. :) Thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Julie
    Lol, it fits :)

    Melissa
    Give it a shot

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think the cover is the awesomest of them all :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP