Wednesday 2 September 2015

A red-rose chain - Seanan McGuire

Things are looking up. For the first time in what feels like years, October “Toby” Daye has been able to pause long enough to take a breath and look at her life—and she likes what she sees. She has friends. She has allies. She has a squire to train and a King of Cats to love, and maybe, just maybe, she can let her guard down for a change.

Or not. When Queen Windermere’s seneschal is elf-shot and thrown into an enchanted sleep by agents from the neighboring Kingdom of Silences, Toby finds herself in a role she never expected to play: that of a diplomat. She must travel to Portland, Oregon, to convince King Rhys of Silences not to go to war against the Mists. But nothing is that simple, and what October finds in Silences is worse than she would ever have imagined.

How far will Toby go when lives are on the line, and when allies both old and new are threatened by a force she had never expected to face again? How much is October willing to give up, and how much is she willing to change? In Faerie, what’s past is never really gone.

It’s just waiting for an opportunity to pounce. 

My thoughts:
I still devour these in a day. I got home, I opened my parcel and started to read. I did not put it down until I was done.

An old bitch is back. And Silence has declared war on Mist. Ugh, King Rhys was a real piece. I wanted to kick him where it hurts.

Toby gets sent to his court to broker a peace deal. HA. Yes you who know her know that is the worst idea. She knows it's a bad idea, everyone know it's a bad idea. But she does her best, together with Quentin, May and Tybalt (still adore him, does he get better with each book? Awwww)

There will be drama, action, and lots of blood. Lots of blood. I do not really have a lot to say. I love this series. It's fun and Toby is awesome.

Conclusion:
A year until the next book, sigh.

Cover
cool

Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published September 1st 2015 by DAW
October Daye #9
Urban fantasy
Own

42 comments:

  1. #9 in the series. Gah. Also, love one-sitting reads. And too long of a wait for the next book? I can relate. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good one, thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those books you can't tear yourself away from until you've read the entire thing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have the first four book son my shelf waiting to be read lol

    Glad to hear it's still going strong!

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  5. why haven't I tried this series, Seriously I have it on my list for at least four years. What is wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so need to start this series. I cannot wait. I only have one of the books on my tbr and it's not the first (yes, I wanna do them in order... don't faint).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love books that I can read in one stretch of time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, I've only read the first book of this series. Glad to hear it's good! UF is the worst when it comes to waiting, isn't it? They're so fast to read, and it's usually a year until the next book.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! So long, sigh. And there are like 5 more books coming. Double sigh

      Delete
  9. Silence and Mist, I love names that are metaphorical too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any of these- but reading books in one sitting is such fun. This one sounds great. I will look for it. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know the feeling about loving a series, devouring the book in one sitting, and waiting a year. I haven't read October Daye series yet. I plan to, eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  12. aaah you had it before me!!!!!! I'm sad, jealous, I want it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another series I have in my TBR since ever... Someday I'll read it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have this series on my wishlist. It sounds great. Now I just need the time to start reading.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay, good to hear that the action was good in this one

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL, I always try to savior favorite author reads and end up devouring them

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hehe, wait until you've got children! I've got a parcel on Monday - and have yet to open it :\ I do love that cover, and it looks like this series is quite a ride! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!
      But yes I do have a lot of reading time for the lack of them

      Delete
  18. A good author. I must read more.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait for this one. Still waiting to get it from the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy that my order came in fast for once

      Delete
  20. I love the name October, and to shorten it to Toby? SO CUTE! Adding it to my list of bookish names I love!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP