Friday 11 September 2015

Taken by the Sheik - Tesco, Phillips and Ross

Three desert Sheikhs. Three captive brides…

Bound by duty to honor their father’s dying wish, three royal brothers must marry their destined brides… by whatever means necessary…

Book 1: Hostage to the Sheikh ~ Mel Teshco

Sheikh Shahzad Salah al Din doesn’t have time for hearts and flowers, not when his parents’ bodies are barely even cold in their graves and his country, Omana, is on the brink of revolt. He has to secure peace by honoring a long ago arrangement to make English rose, Lexi Galvin, his wife. The trouble is strong-willed Lexi isn’t aware of her royal Arab lineage let alone her destiny. There is only one way Shahzad can guarantee she will be his queen … and he isn’t above using force to get it.

Book 2: The Sheikh’s Mistaken Bride ~ Christina Phillips

In order to secure a powerful alliance for his country, Khalid has no choice but to marry a neighboring princess. It’s not what he wants, but duty must come before pleasure. Yet when he meets the beautiful Sanura he changes his mind… only to discover the virgin in his bed is not his destined bride.

Book 3: Sold to the Sheikh ~ Cathleen Ross

He’d paid a fortune for his bride and he was determined to collect, whether she liked it or not. Rafi Salah al Din doesn’t trust easily. In charge of security for his country Omana, he devotes his life to duty. With his parents murdered it is his duty to stabilize his country by finding his parents’ assassin, marry and produce a son to ensure the Salah al Din line lives on. So why does the wife he bought disagree? 

My thoughts:
Book 1: Hostage to the Sheikh ~ Mel Teshco
So...a guy kidnaps you, tells you that you will marry him, and you do him the same day. Being a virgin an all. Ok. I would not jump into bed with my creepy but sexy kidnapper, but maybe Lexi just wants to get laid.

Shahzad was all alpha, bordering on alphahole. Lexi was...malleable. They do it. There is drama and they live happily ever after.


Book 2: The Sheikh’s Mistaken Bride ~ Christina Phillips
This one was better in the doing your kidnapper aspect. There was none of that. Sanura meets a hot guy, they do it. They fall for each other, he shows his chauvinistic worldview. She is all FU! They live happily ever after.

What is with all the alphaholes?


Book 3: Sold to the Sheikh ~ Cathleen Ross
No, no, Rafi. No. In a way I liked him the most, but he was too aggressive, his wife to be; too easy to conquer. I would have liked to see more of a chase.

The book was still good, even if all the women gave in WAY too easy. But then they all were novellas, so they had to give up fast. And the men did border on alphahole. I do like a good sheik story, but, oh I do not know. I like more of a chase. So yes good, but bordering on ok because of easy women and alphaholes. 

ebook, 220 pages
Published December 25th 2014 by melchristinacathleen
Contemporary romance
Own

29 comments:

  1. "...he shows his chauvinistic worldview. She is all FU! They live happily ever after."

    LOL! How is that even possible? You know, I just can't read sheikh romances. Just give me a dude in a kilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love them! But now I was all, wow, wait a moment Mr Alphahole, back off!

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of Sanura best, at least she gives her alphahole some attitude before the HEA ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That she did. The rest were just, well they gave up

      Delete
  3. I don't usually do well with Sheikh stories because they are such alphaholes lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meh, I don't like Aplhaholes and women who don't know any better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You liked them more than I expected. Alphahole is written all over the blurbs so I'm not sure I would pick them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was weird, I liked them for the alphaholeness of it all I guess

      Delete
  6. Sighs....at least put up a little bit of a fight....smh....
    BUT they all sound oddly interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems to be the way to write the sheikh romances, lately. Still, I've enjoyed a few like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where they like this when I read them? Yes the man was all man, but I do remember some arguments that he was too much

      Delete
  8. Whoa, you read all three books? I probably wouldn't be able to take the alphaholes, but they seem to feature a lot in these kinds of adventure-romances.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they were novella length ;) I kept hoping at least one woman would put a man in his place

      Delete
  9. That man is on so...man...covers! I've read on Sheikh that was a BDSM one. Been a long while.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These ridiculous, over the top plots and romances are sometimes a guilty pleasure of mine. I can't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah yes it's sometimes a bit too much

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY. These books remind me of my younger reader days when I can't get enough of the sheik romances. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol :D Some of this sounds pretty ridiculous, but not without entertainment value. We all need a good laugh now and again :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP