Tuesday 22 September 2015

Tall, Dark and Hungry - Lynsay Sands

It bit: New York hotels cost an arm and a leg, and Terri had flown from England to help plan her cousin's wedding. The new in-laws offered lodging. But they were a weird bunch. There was the sometimes-chipper-sometimes-brooding Lucern, and the wacky stage-actor, Vincent. (She couldn't imagine Broadway casting a hungrier singing-and-dancing Dracula.). And then there was Bastien. Just looking into his eyes, Terri had to admit she was falling for him - someone even taller, darker and hungrier than the other two. She was feeling a mite peckish herself. And if she stayed with him, those bloodsucking hotel owners wouldn't get her! 

My thoughts:
What I missed most in this book was the humour. The other ones had me giggling. This one, well the humour missed its mark, if it was supposed to be humour. It was still good cos it was light, and not PNR serious. So for that it still gets an ok mark, even if it was bordering good sometimes. I just missed the giggling!

Bastien meets Terri. A cousin of Kate who is marrying Bastien's brother. Most of the book takes place during 2 weeks. Terri is helping with the wedding and Bastien is falling for her. And of course at the end there is the usual OMG YOU ARE A VAMP! Drama, well with a twist.

So they help with the wedding. Sees NY. There is kissing, there is more. There is the part that was supposed to be funny? It wasn't. And there is a HEA.

Conclusion:
I still miss the funniness. 

Cover
meh

Mass Market Paperback, Reissue, 372 pages
Published December 1st 2009 by Leisure Books (first published July 1st 2004)
Argeneau #4
Paranormal romance
Own

32 comments:

  1. Good to hear there is a HEA but sorry to hear you miss the funnies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry the humor wasn't quite as on point as it was with the previous books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least it wasn't all that bad even if it wasn't super funny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boo. For me, the funnies is a required element in a good PNR series. Sorry this one missed the mark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do need it, cos else, it's just pnr and not for me

      Delete
  5. Bummer on not being funny. The one I read from her gave a giggle or two. I haven't caught up on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun for a giggle or two, not more

      Delete
  6. Humor is a tricky thing. I've had a few misses that way. Hopefully next time you'll be back to giggling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need it in pnr. Without it I can not deal anymore

      Delete
  7. Good humor will always bump a book up for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww.. I love humorous books!! Glad to know that this book worked out for you! :)
    Haniya
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mah, it's a trap many writers fall into - allowing the characters to take themselves too serious, often at the expense of humor. Well, at least there was a HEA :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes at least a HEA. But sadly, that advice was needed

      Delete
  10. But it has Nathan Kamp on the cover!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But the covers are all so similar!

      Delete
    2. The curse of branding, I guess. At least they could've included his head... ;p

      Delete
  11. This author is still on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have this series on my wishlist or one of her series.I like humor too and would have missed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a million books in this series so might be this one ;)

      Delete
  13. Sometimes a book just doesn't fit into the series, I do hope the next one makes you giggle again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like it's the one book of the series that wasn't the same. There's always one....

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP