Saturday 12 September 2015

#FitReaders: Weekly Check-In Sept 11 2015 And DNFs


Join in :D

Sat, 30 min walk
Sun, 2.45 h walk
Mon. 4 km bike
Tue 30 min walk, 8 bike, 1 h workout class
Wed, 10 km bike and 45 min bike
Thu, 8 km bike, 1 h zumba
Fri, 10 km

Classes have started again, yay.


-----------------------------

DNf time

This bores me, DNF

It seems I did enjoy book 1, but why did it take me 5 years to try more? When it was sitting on my shelf. Cos I started it and it felt just meh

It was six years since I read the last book. I went back and read the review, I said it was ok, but rated it good cos it was easy to read..hmmm, might be the reason I never picked up the next book I had.

It was just meh.

I read book 1 over 5 years ago and thought it was only ok. So this book has been sitting there for years. I gave it a go, but could not push through

I had read 70 pages and realised I was bored. I did not know what I had read, and I had probably skimmed every second page

It did have sort of promise, but I am not gonna read a 600 page ok book. I have other books to read


36 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work keeping fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had such an active week. I have got to get back into my walking routine. I totally miss it, and I havent' gotten many audiobooks done because I have been slacking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Karsak didn't work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It turned longer than we meant it to be, but what to do when you are miles from home

      Delete
  5. Not tried any of those. Some nice covers though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sights! Gah. So much crappy books for you. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kudos to you for your exercise achievements. And for setting down books that didn't grab you. I'm still working on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      It's a relief being able to put books down

      Delete
  8. Well said, Linda. For 600 pages, it had better be a more-than-ok book. Wow - those pics again :) Your summer looks like it's only now getting to the best part, whereas here we've been having rain and a huge drop in temp. My son put the heating on last night, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!

      August and the beginning of Sep has been the best :)

      Delete
  9. Whoa...Chasing the Star Garden was so good. Hopefully next weeks reads are better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear these didn't work for you

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have only read Devon Monk but it's too bad it didn't work for you. I loved this series!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the variety you do each week in your fitness routine...I tend to be pretty boring - just walking and maybe the occasional yoga class. Oh well...at least I'm moving, right? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try my best :D

      And yes! Anything is great

      Delete
  13. By lord so many DNFs!
    I wish I wasn't one for self-torture and give up on books. Sigggghhhhssss

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww...so many DNF books :(

    You are doing great with walking though :) Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. None of these are on my list, which is fortunate, I guess! Though, I was kind of interested in checking out Devon Monk's series, but it's the first book that I have marked to-read. I read her spin off Broken Magic series and thought it might be interesting to go back and check out her Allie books.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi ;)

      It did not help that it had been years between them for me :/

      Delete
  16. I had a few DNF's this week too. I usually force myself to finish but I'm learning to let go lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aah. Bummer on the DNFs. Sorry. But good job on the exercise. :) And always love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yea for classes!! I know how much you enjoy them. Looks like you are feeling better too?!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP