Monday 7 September 2015

You think you know me - Clare Chase

Sometimes, it’s not easy to tell the good guys from the bad …

Freelance journalist, Anna Morris, is struggling to make a name for herself, so she’s delighted to attend a launch event for a hip, young artist at her friend Seb’s gallery.

But an exclusive interview isn’t all Anna comes away with. After an encounter with the enigmatic Darrick Farron, she is flung into the shady underground of the art scene – a world of underhand dealings, missing paintings and mysterious deaths …

Seb is intent on convincing Anna that Darrick is up to no good but, try as she might, she can’t seem to keep away from him. And as she becomes further embroiled, Anna begins to wonder – is Seb’s behaviour the well-intentioned concern of an old friend, or does he have something to hide? 

My thoughts:
I had no idea who to trust in this book. Usually I can figure it out, but well played, well played. The author did her best to throw in confusion and make the heroine wonder.

Anna is a journalist, who gets an interview through her friend Sebastian. And here is confusion starts. See there is this strange guy there called Darrick. She fancies him, he fancies her, but she is told not to trust him. They do not know who he is.

So yes, at first I did not trust Darrick. But it was so obvious they would end up together. But I did not trust him! Then I trusted him, then I did not trust him. Then I did not know what to think.

As for Sebastian, him I trusted, he was an old friend, but then! I did not trust him either. What was he hiding? Was he hiding something?

Not exactly a thriller, but almost. There was romance, there was suspense, and there was danger. And the title sure fits, I might think I knew someone, but I did not.

Conclusion:
Suspenseful, and a book where you do not know who to trust.

Paperback, 320 pages
Expected publication: September 7th 2015 by Choc Lit (first published December 3rd 2014)
Romantic suspense
For review

34 comments:

  1. There aren't many books that truly keep me in the dark, so it's something I really appreciate. I have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when the book keeps me guessing and I don't know who to trust. Sounds like a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nice! I't rare that you can't figure things out these days.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that this one kept you guessing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You Think You Know Me sounds like just the type of mind-puzzler I would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I've been enjoying suspense type of books. I might have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab review. Well done, Clare. Thanks for sharing. I've just read two other Choc Lit books. Excellent. This is my next. I adore that cover! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D
      I hope that you enjoy this one as much then!

      Delete
  8. ooooo
    I do like the ones where you can't trust anyone! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that kind of mystery though. The unpredictable one with a tightly woven plot. Well played, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it when a book gets me all turned around not knowing who's the bad guy. Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one sounds good. I wouldn't have guessed based on the title and cover. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's great when an author manages to make you doubt about all the characters

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like it when you're not sure which characters to trust. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love books that can keep you guessing like that! This sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah! How can you not a clever book that keeps you guessing right until the end? :) Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for the wonderful review, and to everyone for their lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh. I like that it had you guessing through the read. That's awesome. Congrats to the author. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP