Thursday 10 September 2015

A taste of heaven - Penny Watson

“Create one perfect bite.”
Good little widow Sophia Brown always follows the rules. When the producer of a cooking competition requests an amuse-bouche, the chefs stick with proteins. Sauces. A savory concoction. She has only one shot to impress the judges on A Taste of Heaven. But in a moment of defiance, she creates an extraordinary dessert, one that combines both the bitter and the sweet, just like her own life.

That one bite changes everything.

After a year grieving for her dead husband, forty-seven-year-old Sophia is finally ready to break out of her shell. Unfortunately, there is a large, angry obstacle standing in her way. Scottish chef Elliott Adamson has a chip on his shoulder the size of Loch Ness, and he’s blocking her path to victory. 

Spurred by her daughters, she embarks on a poignant adventure that takes her from the wildflower fields of Vermont to the wind-swept vista of North Berwick, Scotland. Fear, courage, and inspiration from unlikely places will mark this journey, and Sophia is determined to persevere until the very end.

My thoughts:
A book about 2 older people falling in love! And more. But omg, older people! And with old I mean they are not old, they are just not you know 26 ;) And I like the fact that they are older.

Sophie is 47, a widow with two kids. She loves her garden, to cook, and she was all in all a really nice and sweet woman.

Elliott was 49, a grumpy Scot with a chip on his shoulder. He was all traditional food that looks like crap is the thing! So yes he took some getting used to, Sophie felt that too. And as she started to like him, I started to like him...but maybe a few minutes later.

The book takes place during a cooking contest with a twist. As always it made me hungry. Ohh maybe a few recipes would have been nice. Anyway, they meet, they annoy each other, they annoy each other some more, they slowly start to like each other a tiny but, then a tiny bit more.

It was different. A foodie romance that develops. Two people that are perfect for each other, but can't see it. So, a nice light short romance, that you can just eat up.

I must mention one thing, her daughters seem nice. They need to have a book. I am thinking,..more Scots! Maybe a grumpy sheepfarmer and a ohh a grumpy fisherman. Lol. 

Conclusion:
Enjoyable. Light and fast.

Kindle Edition, 57000 words
Expected publication: September 15th 2015
Contemporary romance
For review

42 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever read a book with an older couple. This sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The foodie romance sounds intriguing

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Older couple and food romance plus they're annoying each other ? Perfect for me, thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, it sounds awesome. Good to see 40-somethings falling in love too. Plus, he's Scottish. Win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scottish Knob for the win! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. But what did you think of the cover????

    ReplyDelete
  8. And now I feel ancient...
    Off to check out the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a great read and it is always nice to have a good light read recommendation. :) The cover is quite pretty with the bright fruit. Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  10. This does sound lovely for a nice, light read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, when I read a good foodie novella, it makes me hungry and have me looking up recipes online

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't there a movie kinda like this?
    Mmmm
    But yes, I must avoid this bc I think it would make me hungry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! An autumn romance with lots of good food and set in Scotland. This one is going on the pile. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely not my type of book, but just wanted to chime in and applaud a romance-y type novel that stars older characters.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this sounds really good - I love "older" because, I AM "older." I adore Penny on social media, but I've never read one of her titles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one I ever read was her lumberjack one, you have to try it

      Delete
  16. "Older!" I thought you were going to say 60's! 40's so young! Anyway I'm putting it on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are practically 50! ;)
      But she did write a book where they are even older

      Delete
  17. oh it's nice to have a book about older persons, well they're not that old but that's true we don't find a lot of books like that. I'm curious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not ancient ;) But when every other book is young then this is older

      Delete
  18. Lol - I do love a grumpy man. It's always fun to watch the woman work through the gruff.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I couldn't read a foodie romance while on a diet, but older people romance? That's something we don't see often.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, how amazing! Older people and food - AND a grumpy Scot (sort of like the cherry on top, lol). Sounds fab! Have a great weekend, Linda :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP