Thursday 23 June 2016

Drive you wild - Jennifer Bernard

Kilby Catfish left-fielder Trevor Stark is a ballpark legend. With his good looks, hitting records, and played-for-the-fans arrogance, Trevor makes women lose their minds and men lose their cool. But every time the major league team comes calling, Trevor purposely keeps himself in the tiny Texas town. Why is heart-tuggingly top secret. Until the team owner’s daughter comes to Kilby . . . trying everything up her sexy sleeve to make Trevor talk.

Divorced and disillusioned at twenty-four, Paige Mattingly Austin Taylor is suddenly starting fresh as an intern at Catfish Stadium. She should want nothing to do with the sinfully hot ballplayer her dad warned her to stay away from. But when she discovers what Trevor is hiding from everyone, she realizes there’s much more to him than his face and multi-million-dollar arm. There’s a heart she seriously hopes to win. 

My thoughts:
Ok so I understood why Trevor was the way he was. He needed to stay in the minor league cos else baddies would find him, and kill him. So he gets into trouble, but he loves baseball. Poor man, he just wants to play. But still why play the first place! Or move somewhere else wont ya.

Also baseball is one boring sport...just saying ;) I am so not familiar with it.

Anyway, Abby comes back home after her husband cheated on her. He was an idiot. She starts working for her dad, and meets bad boy Trevor.
But he is bad news.
And she did just get a divorce from her idiot husband.
And there are bad guys after him so he keeps secrets.
But he is so fine, she thinks
And she is so nice, he thinks.
So they date, all while he worries about his past. A past that obviously will come calling to build a bit of suspense.

Conclusion:
There is romance, danger and baseball.

cover
eh

ebook, 384 pages
Expected publication: June 28th 2016 by Avon
Love Between the Bases #3
Contemporary romance
NG

37 comments:

  1. That cover is ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad boys are baaaaaaaaaaaad for you. I wonder when the romance writers finally cotton on. And I agree with Chris - that cover is ridiculous and cheesy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cover! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cover! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm...my comments don't appear to be showing up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love baseball :) But, I'm not always thrilled with baseball romances. I'll try this one, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can read a romance, but watch it, snooze

      Delete
  7. I have a feeling this kind of book would work better if the reader is actually a fan of baseball. Not me, unfortunately! :)

    And is it just me, or does the background in the cover look very fake?

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But that make the book hard to like by people not in the US...

      So fake

      Delete
  8. lol. Baseball is kind of boring to watch, but I love playing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We played a Finnish version, I hated it

      Delete
  9. oh I am looking forward to this one. I like the humor that Bernard places in her books. Cute flirty cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not one to gravitate towards the sports romances but I'm curious about this one so thanks for putting it on my radar! I'm excited to see where this goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them, dunno why, cos sports suck ;D But as long as their are not too sports lingo heavy then I am all in

      Delete
  11. I love baseball so this series has been on my radar. But the whole stay in the minors to avoid getting found makes no sense b/c if you're any good even the minor league players make the sports news and get called up to play in the majors now and then as replacements. Guess, I'd have to suspend belief for the story. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That part...yes it was hard to believe cos he was so good. And everyone said he was the best, but then he had to ruin his chances, but still...

      Delete
  12. I like baseball but don't read many sports romances. And that cover is terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totes agree: Baseball is boring af. I like sports but I can't stand baseball. Lol. My son plays in a league, though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know people love baseball, but I agree - watching it is super boring! Even more so than other sports, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snooker is like the most boring "sport" to watch

      Delete
  15. hmmmm... This sounds like there are too many eyeroll moments in this one. I'll pass.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not a fan of baseball either. I agree with you that it is boring.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't think I've read anything with Baseball... But I can understand wanting to play the sport you love, despite there being reasons not too. I don't really understand that cover... a bit odd, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've read some baseball ones that were fun but then some write sports and I want to snooze too.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP