Friday 24 June 2016

Looking For Me - Beth Hoffman and #FitReaders Check-In: June 24, 2016

Teddi Overman found her life’s passion in turning other people’s castoffs into beautifully restored antiques. Leaving her hardscrabble Kentucky childhood behind, Teddi opens her own store in Charleston. She builds a life as unexpected and quirky as her many customers, but nothing alleviates the haunting uncertainty she’s felt since her brother Josh mysteriously disappeared. When signs emerge that Josh might still be alive, Teddi returns to Kentucky, embarking on a journey that could help her come to terms with her shattered family—and find herself. 

My thoughts:
It was good, but I do confess that I expected more. The last book I read by the author had such wonderful charm, and it was that part that was lacking here. I liked that charm in that other one, aye it was lovely.

But this book is about Teddi who loves antiques, she leaves home for a new town just to find a way to work with that. I liked her spirit and her drive. But at the same time, this was all that she loved. She did not feel it, but I felt like she missed out on things.

There is also the story of her brother who went missing long ago. What really happened? And that gives us flashbacks to her childhood and up to him going missing. Her brother was...strange.

Conclusion:
It was a good story, but yes I knew there could have been more, so I missed that.

Cover
The feathers look cool RL

Paperback, 368 pages
Published April 29th 2014 by Penguin Books (first published 2013)
Fiction
Own

----------------------------

#FitReaders is hosted by Geeky Bloggers Book Blog  and That’s What I’m Talking About.
Join in!



Sun 1 h walk
Mon 1 h walk
Tue 1 h walk
Wed 45 min walk
Thu 30 min walk

No pics, been lazy all week. So here is Lucifer being lazy too




42 comments:

  1. Sucks when a story is good enough that it left you wanting more. Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked Looking For Me.
    Nice walks!
    Cute Lucifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Looking For Me but loved Saving CeeCee Honeycutt even more so I get what you're saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, sorry to hear that the charm was lacking in this compared to other but glad you found things to enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luci is so cute!! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a nice story. Love the picture of your cat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute Lucifer! And yay for all the walking :) I wonder what happened to her brother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. KITTY! :)

    You are still walkin' it tho. :)

    I am sad to hear it wasn't everything you wanted the book to be, but it still sounds like a good easy read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That I am :D I was lazy on all ways. Only read one book too!

      Delete
  9. Doesn'T feel like much happens in that book. Seems like you had a tranquil week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Despite wanting more it does sounds like a nice story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, too bad no pics of your walks, but hey cat pics are good too! :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really bad with pics this week, and last week too

      Delete
  12. I really loved Looking For Me but I did listen to the audio. I wasn't quite so engaged by her other one!! Ah yes I can identify with lazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how it would have been on audio

      Delete
  13. Now I'm kind of curious about the strange brother.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lucifer looks like me this morning lol :)

    I wish you a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucifer makes the post! I haven't read Hoffman yet but I want to experience that southern charm.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lucifer is so cute!
    I read Beth Hoffman in the past and enjoyed her work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Even if you expected more it sounds like a nice one

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful kitty!

    I really love Hoffman's writing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like overall it was a good read, but sorry it wasn't as good as the other book you read by the author. I love the cover. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP