Wednesday 1 June 2016

Duke of Sin - Elisabeth Hoyt

Devastatingly handsome. Vain. Unscrupulous. Valentine Napier, the Duke of Montgomery, is the man London whispers about in boudoirs and back alleys. A notorious rake and blackmailer, Montgomery has returned from exile, intent on seeking revenge on those who have wronged him. But what he finds in his own bedroom may lay waste to all his plans. 

Born a bastard, housekeeper Bridget Crumb is clever, bold, and fiercely loyal. When her aristocratic mother becomes the target of extortion, Bridget joins the Duke of Montgomery's household to search for the incriminating evidence-and uncovers something far more dangerous. 

Astonished by the deceptively prim-and surprisingly witty-domestic spy in his chambers, Montgomery is intrigued. And try as she might, Bridget can't resist the slyly charming duke. Now as the two begin their treacherous game of cat and mouse, they soon realize that they both have secrets-and neither may be as nefarious-or as innocent-as they appear . . . 

My thoughts:
I have only read 2 books in this series, so if I have come across Valentine before I can not remember him...and I believe that is a good thing.

I think this one has to get a high grade just because of how fucked up Valentine was. He was so broken, so dark, so without conscience. A borderline sociopath. ..I loved him. Mostly because of broken he was, yes he was one of those, I can change him! Also cos he was so dark. He should be hated.

Valentine is a bastard, not a bastard by birth, but one freaking bastard. He blackmails everyone. He laughs at misfortunes of others, he does not give a damn. He is the devil. But already there you can see that something is wrong, because he does truly love his sister and would do anything to protect her. And then we hear his story and it is messed up. But still, he does bad things, and...well at least they are not against Bridget, so I can forgive him. She awakens him, makes him human again.

Aye, Bridget, she really is a bastard, by birth. Now she is a house keeper, and is trying to find the evidence that Valentine blackmails her mother with. She is kind and patient, and you really need to be that with him since he is an asshole.

Their romance is not insta in anyway. No he is not attracted by her, but after a while she starts to fascinate him. She, well he is hot, give him credit for that, but he is also an asshole and that is all she can see. It grows, and it has to grow since he has no heart.

He is a real bastard, only a patient woman would ever wait for him. I'd have kicked him in the nuts long before that. But oh he he longed for her, but at the same time felt it as a weakness. How sad I felt for him.

Conclusion:
He is a bastard you have to read about.

Cover
meh

ebook, 364 pages
Expected publication: May 31st 2016 by Grand Central Publishing
Maiden Lane #10
Historical romance
NG

37 comments:

  1. He's just so boring, that cover guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Bridget being able to make him human again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh, I'm not for men who are bastards so I'll probably skip this one. Thanks for the helpful review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man everyone is loving this one. I must download!

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  5. great review. I totally want to read this one. I love those anti hero types---they are way more endearing in many ways. I agree---the cover isn't my favorite of the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You so have to read it!
      The cover is meh, nothing stands out

      Delete
  6. LOL! That bastard! :D Such a good review. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds perfect - love a hero like this. Will follow up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You totally have me all sorts of curious about this villain and his patient housekeeper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm gotta love a borderline sociopath. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Normally I'd skip this one but you're really defending it so I'll put it on my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the best HR I have read in a long time

      Delete
  11. Great review. I really have to get back to reading historical romances :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol. "A borderline sociopath..and I love him." Who wouldn't? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um, I need to meet this beautiful bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  14. GAH! I loved this one so much. I loved that he never really changes, but tries to be a man she'll love.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad there is no insta-love with this!!! Especially with him being a poop.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL I'm like the only one that wasn't totally smitten with this one. I think I just wasn't in the mood for a character like him. I love the series though you must read all the others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally understand that, cos he sure was a bastard

      Delete
  17. Now I totally want to read this! What an endorsement! :)))

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP