Tuesday 14 June 2016

Red Hood's Revenge and The Snow Queen's shadow - Jim C.Hines

Roudette's story was a simple one. A red cape. A wolf. A hunter. Her mother told her she would be safe, so long as she kept to the path. But sometimes the path leads to dark places. Roudette is the hunter now, an assassin known throughout the world as the Lady of the Red Hood. Her mission will take her to the country of Arathea and an ancient fairy threat. At the heart of the conflict between humans and fairies stands the woman Roudette has been hired to kill, the only human ever to have fought the Lady of the Red Hood and survived-the princess known as Sleeping Beauty.

My thoughts:
In this one Roudette aka Red Riding comes after Talia. See Red is an assassin, and Talia did have her share of...troubles in the homeland.

So it's up to Talia aka Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Snow White to stop her.

There are dangers, murder and fairies gone bad (but then some would say they are always bad, many would so in fact).

I really meant to make it short, and could have ended it there, but it feels so short...so a few more words?

Conclusion:
A very light fantasy. Feisty heroines that take matters in their own hands, and does not let any princes save them. A fun read

Cover
cute I guess

Paperback, 337 pages
Published July 6th 2010 by DAW
Princess, Book 3
Fantasy

A broken mirror. A stolen child. A final mission to try to stop an enemy they never dreamed they would face.

When a spell gone wrong shatters Snow White's enchanted mirror, a demon escapes into the world. The demon's magic distorts the vision of all it touches, showing them only ugliness and hate. It is a power that turns even friends and lovers into mortal foes, one that will threaten humans and fairies alike.

And the first to fall under the demon's power is the princess, Snow White... 

My thoughts:
I am so sad, because this was the last one! And also, it was sort of sad too, ok it was sad, just not I am gonna cry sad. Just...sad.

Snow gets intro trouble with her mother's magic mirror and all hell breaks loose. A demon is causing mayhem and things turn ugly. And even Snow is changed. It's not pretty.

This story takes us to yet another new kingdom, that we have heard about but never visited, spoilers.

There will be blood, fairies, monsters and heartbreak.

Conclusion:
And then it was over, and everyone was happy. But, I could have read more, alas this was the end

Cover
ok the blue lady is just weird

Paperback, 333 pages
Published July 5th 2011 by DAW
Princess #4
Fantasy

36 comments:

  1. I like the covers of both of these (the blue lady is a bit odd).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a series I should try sometime. Except maybe the last one - I don't like sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it was not crying sad, just...semi sad

      Delete
  3. Both sound good and sweet - I might be tempted! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover on RED HOOD - sounds like a fun series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of either of these, so thanks for sharing! I <3 retellings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally they're not helpless anymore

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't come across these before but they seem like a lot of fun! The ladies look rather sassy on the cover too so I can believe that they have a lot of spunk. Wonderful reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hines is funny, that's for sure. And oh yes they are sassy and can hold their own

      Delete
  8. Oh these sound fascinating!! I like the fairy tale themes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Give me fierce heroines any day. Weird covers are weird. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Light fantasy hits the spot sometimes. I picked up the first book in this series because of a post you had and enjoyed it. Now I need to finish out the series!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I have the first book, I need to try

    ReplyDelete
  12. These books seem so different from his Libriomancer series (the first of which is the only work by him I've read). From the looks of things, I actually think I'll enjoy these more.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have that one now, and will read it soon. So after that I can tell ya

      Delete
  13. This must be a really good series if you were sad to see it end- best way to feel for a finale. I love the fairytale blend with fantasy and cool, that the gals don't need princes to save them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantasy and fairytales is such a good mix. And yes I like that the princesses can kick ass

      Delete
  14. The covers are so cute! Both the books sound amazing! Feisty heroines what more do you need? ;)
    Haniya
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will have to look for this series!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is always nice when a series ends well even if you want more.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I still need to finish Hine's first one. I don't know why I even set it aside lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both sound really good!
    Not sure about them covers tho ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've heard about his books. They do sound so fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Agreed about the blue lady.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP