Wednesday 29 June 2016

Stormswept - Deborah Martin

The first wedding night that Lady Juliana St. Albans spent with the dark and daring Rhys Vaughan was intoxicating, the heady culmination of her new husband’s driving hunger and her own awakened sensuality. When he mysteriously disappeared the next morning, she waited for him in hope and desperation. And when he was finally proclaimed dead in a shipwreck, she bitterly mourned the loss of her love.

The second wedding night that Juliana spent with Rhys Vaughan was six years later, after he returned to claim her just as she was about to wed another. This Rhys was different—bolder, harder, and convinced that she’d betrayed him. Only their blazing passion remains from their years apart. But is it enough to light their way through the maze of mystery, menace, and mistrust—to the love they once shared and would have to find again? 

My thoughts:
I did want to hit Rhys over the head a few times, oh you know me, I always want to hit book characters over the head!

Rhys and Juliana met and fell in love, in secret of course. And married, in secret of course. They were enemies after all.

Juliana was sweet and naive. And I did not mind, how could she be any other way?
While Rhys wanted to save his Wales, and could not help falling for her. Though he had some issues.

And this book is all about those issues. See he disappears and comes back with one big chip on his shoulder. And I was all Hold up! You are angry? She could be angry too! And I wish she had been mad too. He is all You betrayed me! And he is so nasty about it. I wanted her to stop explaining and just be that mad too. She had every right. But that was not her.

I also had some fears when I realised it was written in the 90s, cos he was so angry. And well at least 80s book can go a bit too far, but it never did. And I am glad it did not. Rhys is mad, just not crazy.

I must mention that her brother is an ass. And I want to hit him, but at the same time I kind of wanted a book with him. So he could redeem himself, but since it was written 20 years ago then that has passed.

Conclusion:
A good book where 2 lovers has to find each other again and find forgiveness and trust.

Cover
I could do with a head

Kindle Edition, 400 pages
Published June 28th 2016 by Pocket Books (first published September 1st 1995)
Wales #1
Historical romance
NG

34 comments:

  1. The headless covers just irritate me to no end. While this isn't my usual genre, it does sound like a good story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe she'll pick it up again? :) Btw, hit 'em over the head! You are a bad influence on me. ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear not, he will never change his character then, he will always be evil

      Delete
  3. haha your review had me laughing. I hear ya about characters you want to hit over the head. I like the sound of the heroine though, she sounds very patient and understanding. I do want to read this one, but I will need to be in the mood for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So patient, I would have kicked him in the nuts long ago. HA

      Delete
  4. Haven't read a book by this author yet :D I'll have to try her out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I would whack them all over the head and go to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dress on that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the color of the dress on the cover, but, yes, a head would be nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good one and I'd join you in hitting him over the head!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make me laugh! Yes to the woman saying "look here mister!".

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol! Gotta love when a character brings out violent tendencies in the reader. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love second chance romances, but ooh boy, I would want to smack Rhys repeatedly too. I hope he grovels!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol I'm surprised you ended up loving it with all the wishful hitting! I like the cover on it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, he was just so stubborn, darn man

      Delete
  13. Ha, yes usually a character you want to hit over the head. This sounds like a fun read. I wonder why its being re-released.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am bad ;)
      Well it was long ago and she is more famous now

      Delete
  14. I like this author. I'll keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read one of her novels in spell but this sounds fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yep, I've wanted to bean a few book characters over the head when they've got their stubborn-stupid going. You're not alone. Glad it turned out well in the end and I'll bet it had a different feel being written a few decades back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was different, but not too you know 80s, that is just scary

      Delete
  17. *waves weakly*
    This week...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A vacay week for me ;) But next week will be hell

      Delete
  18. I get mad at characters who don't get mad enough. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP