Monday 21 January 2019

Audio: All I want for Christmas is a Cowboy - Jessica Clare



Narrated by: Abby Craden
Length: 8 hrs and 2 mins
Release date: 01-22-19
Publisher: Tantor Audio
Contemporary romance
Thank you Tantor for this copy!

My Thoughts
Snowed in for Christmas, oh that makes for the perfect winter book!

Cass is an assistant (and oh my, she should quit, she can not see how much she is used, not to mention her boss' fiance keeps hitting on her, creep!) But she is a nice hardworking woman (that should take a chance). So she goes away for the holidays to be alone. Boom car accident, stuck int he mountains with a cowboy!

Eli was omg the sweetest. All he does is work work and no time for a woman. He is just too sweet and has let go of all of that. He might be a bit grumpy since he wanted alonetime too, but alas no.

They get to know each other. She is a complete mess at things. They start to fall in love and the snow keeps on piling up. 

There will be drama as she starts to remember things, and there she does something so silly. I mean just talk with him woman! But I guess we need drama. Still, talk to him!

And then they lie happily ever after! Awwww.

Sweet and a great book this winter.

Abby Craden: narration
I liked her Cass voice, it showed sweetness and innocence. While I totally saw the grumpy Eli before me too. She did well with setting the scene.

Synopsis
Christmas may be coming, but it's just another day at the ranch as far as Eli Pickett is concerned. Someone has to take care of the herd and that means no holiday vacation for him. But that's just the way he likes it--it’s not like he has a woman to spend time with anyways. Most women don't want the ranch life, or the surly, silent cowboy that comes with it. Fine with him. He'd rather have the quiet of a roaring fire and the company of his dogs.

Cassandra Horn is trying to make it to her parents' winter cabin in Wyoming before the blizzard hits. She desperately needs a vacation from the chaos of Manhattan...and her boss’s boyfriend, who is making her life miserable. But Cass never makes it to the cabin. 

A raging snowstorm causes her car to crash, where she's found unconscious by Eli. When Cass wakes, she has no memories of who she is. Eli takes one look at Cass's big blue eyes and dark curls, and like a Christmas miracle, falls head over heels in love. But while the attraction is mutual, can she give her heart to this cowboy if she’s not sure it’s hers to give?

29 comments:

  1. oh this book sounds amazing, I wasn't sure I wanted to pick up this book because of the cover (and yes I need a pretty cover) but I am going to grab this one up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forget to cover snark these days but yes omg it is so photoshopped

      Delete
  2. I loved "snowed-in" as a plot device! I don't like miscommunication, but hopefully that's a short part of the story. I also enjoy Abby Craden so I'm off to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! They are so fun and they have to be in close contact. No where to run hahaha

      Delete
  3. I think one of my other blogger friends reviewed this too. and Yes perfect for cold winter reading. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole actually reviewed this one in Dec ;) and now I listened to the audio lol

      Delete
  4. I've read a few of her books and didn't like them (the billionaire hero types) but maybe a Christmas cowboy will work lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes I have read some of those. THough one of them was a real ahole

      Delete
  5. You had me at "Christmas" and "cowboy". And I like this cover, even if it is totally photoshopped lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Badly sigh. But hey I got over it ;)
      Too bad I did not read it for xmas but still

      Delete
  6. Love Christmas-themed romance novels. Though, I don't read too many of them.

    This sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this one sitting on my nightstand. Maybe I'll pick it up. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A sweet little tale, even if I did want to wring her neck at one time

      Delete
  8. Love a good snow in romance and this sounds really sweet and satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds really good. I like a good snowed in romance :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww I remember this one. I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't go wrong with a cowboy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a sweet story, but from your review, I am guessing there's some classic miscommunication drama (i.e. a couple that doesn't talk to each other). That annoys me so much!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there is a secret that is not a secret. Tsk

      Delete
  13. Yep, I would totally fall for this situation. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cowby! ANd dogs and horses and chickens, ands now! Lol all of it

      Delete
  14. Lmao I think I so need to read this, never heard of it or the author but I need to check it out xxx

    Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP