Saturday 19 January 2019

Saturday Movie: A star is born


Happy 2019! 


We'll be discussing 'A Star is Born'



I am in red and Carole in black.



Image result for a star is bornTitle: A Star is Born
Genre: Drama, Music, Romance 
Running Time: 2 hr & 16 mins
Rating: R
Released: 2018

A musician helps a young singer find fame, even as age and alcoholism send his own career into a downward spiral.


TRAILER:




DISCUSSION: 

I went to watch this one and afterwards and sent Carole a message asking if she had seen it, and if not then she had to see it!

Yesss, I had been curious about it, but after what you told me I had no choice but to check it out. I dragged BF with me and he even liked it.

I do think BF would have liked it too since there was lots of music, now he have to watch it on his own! ;) I am sure we would have seen it anyway, but MIL wanted to go with me so I went with her.

I did like the music. I was a little unsure at the beginning. I like musicals and all that...but I felt like it was going to be cheesy (the first couple were), but I ended up enjoying it and tapping my foot along with the music.

Those riffs at the beginning and end, damn, they struck a cord on my soul. There was a lot of foot tapping going on. Truly awesome music, except for that which she does in the middle and end. That was meh.

I liked the song Jack wrote, but I prefer him singing it over her. I love the Gaga and she is an amazing singer, but the ending song would have been better if he just sung it. Just to give more of an emotional impact. Like if he recorded it for her and for her alone.

Oh yes she is amazing and when she sings her song with him, damn, they are great! But that last song of his, yes I would have wanted him to sing it too. I felt that that one did not have as much an impact on me. And that was the one that should have moved you the most.

I think if he sang it instead of her, I think it would’ve. That last couple lines he did sing made me cry. Ooooo Jackson. I loved him. Ally was okay too, but I really loved Jackson.

I adored Jackson! I went all I want to read a romance about a rockstar...minus the alcohol abuse and drug abuse and you know all the neg stuff ;)

Which I bet it is hard to find one without some of that stuff. Rockstars tend to be rough ones to date lol.

That’s sad :/ And omg this movie, ugh I sat there with tears streaming down my face. I noticed the corner of my eye how the stranger next to me was crying. I am pretty sure a lot of those there cried.

I cried too. I could see a couple tears on BF’s face too. I was worried this was going to be an overly happy romance movie. But it does showcase real issues especially in the Music world. There was a lot of love and happiness between the two, but there was also a lot of sadness. Like addiction and jealousy and so forth. I was upset that Ally did become more HipHop over the country of what made her famous. She sold out.

I felt that too. She became sugar pop. I do not know if we were supposed to be all oh he is just jealous. No, I felt he was right. He wanted her to be as he had seen her, and it was glorious. But she wanted stardom and this was the road she was given. So I felt with him and thought she sold out too. I liked her much more as she was first. But hey if it made her happy.
And yes it shows the real stuff and the darkness. That made it so good. It was just that great of a movie. Truly amazing work that moved me,

I think there was a touch of jealousy after he was told they just wanted him to play the guitar and not sing and then she won. I think that caused him to spiral out of country. He was losing it all. His stage, his voice, his hearing, and the wife he knew. Poor guy. He had so many issues. The actor did an amazing job. I think it helped because the actor used to be an alcoholic eons ago so he was able to portray that well.

Who wouldn’t be jelly then. Poor guy. Cooper did a great job with him, I was impressed. He made me feel so much. Ack, how it hurt.

I know. If I let myself think about it too much I get sad. Gaga did awesome too. I haven’t seen any of her previous acting gigs so I pleasantly surprised at how well she did. She was so awkward at the beginning and it was cute.

She was great too, and what a voice :D I am glad they picked her. She was perfect for the role. I loved all that nose stuff ;D

Me too! The nose bits were hilarious. It showed them being a real couple. He teases her but always ends up loving her nose. It was adorable. It hurt my little heart who cute they were.

They were perfect for each other! Yes this movie broke my heart and I demand that everyone go and watch it! I am sure it will be out on DVD any day soon too.

Or Netflix. I do want to rewatch it even though I know I will cry again and again. It was that good. The music, the acting...fantastic.

Yes maybe I will watch it with BF again and see if it can make me cry again. I think not, but we will see!Anything else you want to add?

Girl. You know that ONE scene will make you at least tear up. ;) It was just so sad and I wanted to scream and throw stuff at the screen. BF was so distressed too! Buuut I don’t think I have anything else. I do not want to give away any spoilers...mmm….I loved the drag queens. I wanted that manager dude to get hit by a truck. What a JERK!!!!!!

The manager needs to diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!
And yes I might cry again, I want to see it again! There you go, everyone, listen now, go see it. I promise you that you will love it.

Yessss it worth the watch!!!!!!


The end

Image result for anne hathaway cry clap

16 comments:

  1. I really liked this too. Like you said, Gaga was fabulous. Bradley Cooper did his own singing and played the guitar. I couldn't believe this movie was ignored at the Golden Globes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one really should have gotten awards

      Delete
  2. I definitely thought this would be your run of the mill happy romance movie, glad to hear it was much deeper emotionally, and dealt with some real issues.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same, but it was so much more and so real and horrible

      Delete
  3. I really want to see this movie. Glad you both enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you guys see the original? I've seen that one but not this one yet.

    Glad you found a movie you both enjoyed!

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have got to see this one, it sounds so good. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard this is amazing. But I'm not ready for the emotional roller coaster! Thanks ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not told it would be this emotional. Gods, omg my heart

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP