Wednesday 30 January 2019

Audio: Once Ghosted, Twice Shy - Alyssa Cole



By: Alyssa Cole
Narrated by: Karen Chilton
Series: Reluctant Royals 2,5
Length: 3 hrs and 20 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release date: 01-08-19
Language: English
Publisher: HarperAudio

My Thoughts
I did feel like this one worked perfectly on its own. She works for a prince, check. I have the backstory, let it begin.

Likotsi had a brief loveaffair last she was in NYC and she has had a broken heart ever since. And by chance she meets her lover once again.

There are a few flashbacks to their whirlwind romance 8 months ago, and this novella takes place during a day when they just decide to have a talk, while walking around New York. SO I am not an expert, but I assume the things she mentions are real and it was fun seeing another side of the city.

Meet the guilty party. Fabiola, the woman who ended it back then. I kept wondering why she did that when she is obviously so keen on talking to Likotsi again. But it will all be revealed. And I got it.

It is a sweet story, they never fell out of love and they talk omg I know right, they talk to each other, they work things out. Sure, they should have done that last year but they do it now. And live happily ever after.

Conclusion:
A cute little novella. And yes of course,  I did get curious about the other books ;)

Narrator
I felt that she did a good job with both voices. But then one has an accent so that always makes it it easier to know who is who ;) But yes a really good job. She kept it light

Synopsis
While her boss the prince was busy wooing his betrothed, Likotsi had her own love affair after swiping right on a dating app. But her romance had ended in heartbreak, and now, back in NYC again, she’s determined to rediscover her joy - so, of course, she runs into the woman who broke her heart.

When Likotsi and Fabiola meet again on a stalled subway train months later, Fab asks for just one cup of tea. Likotsi, hoping to know why she was unceremoniously dumped, agrees. Tea and food soon leads to them exploring the city together, and their past, with Fab slowly revealing why she let Likotsi go, and both of them wondering if they can turn this second chance into a happily-ever-after.

22 comments:

  1. Yes to talking and working things out, I always like it when couples in books do that instead of parting over something silly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the silly things couples part over, sigh

      Delete
  2. aww looks like a cute story for cold winter days

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize this was a novella. I might just have time to read it!

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stories about couples who never stopped loving each other and end up finding each other again are always so sweet!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to try this series since I like her historicals.
    Communication is always a good thing in romances. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never read those :)

      And yes please people talk!

      Delete
  6. It's an author I hear a lot about and I'm curious to try one of her books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe try one of the books? Or this one :D

      Delete
  7. I feel like I seen this as a freebie on Amazon. Mhmm

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wanted to try Alyssa Cole. I love her covers. Maybe one day.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you enjoyed. I listened to the first book (the Prince's story) and read the second and this one. I was a bit disappointed in this one b/c I wanted more for Lakoski. But it's a good series. I recommend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SInce I have no idea who she was before this then it worked well for me :D

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP