Thursday 31 January 2019

Audio: Playing for Keeps - Jill Shalvis



Narrated by: Vivienne Leheny
Series: Heartbreaker Bay, Book 7
Length: 10 hrs and 9 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release date: 01-22-19
Publisher: HarperAudio
Contemporary romance

My Thoughts:
These two had their issues, for good and for bad.
Caleb, oh he just wants to take care of everything and I absolutely love him for that. Seriously, loved him. I would let him take care of me any day...ok nothing dirty there, get your minds out of the gutter!

Sadie has her own issues and she really wants to stand on her own two feet. Oh girl, let someone be nice! But her issues lies very deep.

Now what on earth could make these two form a relationship. He is a suit, all money and suave. She is a tattoo artist down on her luck.

A dog! Yes everyone loves a dog and they both fall in love with one. Omg the dog was the sweetest, it even made me want a dog! Schhh, not really though, I am afraid. But hey in theory.

Obviously the issues will bring drama and they have to work through it. And then this family of 3 can live happily ever after.

Oh and yes it is book 7 in a series. There is talk of other couples that they meet on their own, but I did not feel like I had to read those books to get this one. This is their story after all

Conclusion
A sweet tale.


Narration
Good female and male voices. A good range. And her dog voice was the best!

Story
When it comes to the confident, charismatic Caleb Parker, Sadie Lane feels the spark—the kind that comes from rubbing each other the wrong way. She’s a tattoo artist, he’s a straight-laced mogul. But after they accidentally co-rescue an abandoned dog from a storm, Sadie sees a vulnerable side to the seemingly invincible hottie.

you’d better be sure… 

Caleb doesn’t do emotions. Growing up the underdog, he’s learned the hard way to build up an impenetrable wall. Perfect for business. Disastrous for relationships. He’s never worried about it before—not until he finally gets behind Sadie’s armor and begins to fall.

… someone is there to catch you. 

Both guarded and vulnerable, Sadie and Caleb are complete opposites. Or are they? Shocked at their undeniable connection, can they ever admit to wanting more? That all depends on what they’re each willing to risk. 


21 comments:

  1. Thanks Blodeuedd I've heard other reviewers say you can read this series out of order too. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read more of her books. This sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Shalvis. I hadn't read her in years but picked one up recently and yup - still love her writing.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a "I'd like a dog in theory" person too! But Jill Shalvis always includes dogs to love in her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love dogs in theory :D I cn be all awww for them

      Delete
  5. Yay, a book with a dog on the cover that actually involves said dog in the story! Glad the puppers was not just for show, and that it actually plays a big part in getting them together :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was around through out :D He really was the third big pov

      Delete
  6. Jill Shalvis has been on my list to try for a long time. I really need to give her a go.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOu have never read her? Well not that I have read many ;)

      Delete
  7. Just started this one a couple days ago. I've read them all and like this series. I've heard mixed things about this one, but I'm enjoying so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About this one? But it was so sweet

      Delete
    2. Issues with the heroine. I'm not seeing any, yet.

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP