Sunday 6 January 2019

Carole's Sunday Review: Ruthless King - Maya Hughes

Ruthless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #3)
Author: Maya Hughes

Title: Ruthless King
(Kings of Rittenhouse #3)
Genre: Romance, Contemporary, Sports
Pages: ebook
Expected to be Published: January 10th 2019
Where I Got It: My shelf (Given to me by the author/publisher for my honest and unbiased opinion)



A STANDALONE second chance, enemies to lovers romance. 


My dick never got me in half as much trouble as my heart...



We were high school sweethearts. I was head over heels for her and no one could tell me we weren’t going to last forever. College? Going pro? My family’s money? None of it mattered. She was all I needed.



Then she ripped my heart out. But I’m not going to let that happen again. 



She’s back. Invading my life and acting like she was the wronged one. The pain is still there, but I can’t keep my eyes off her. I can’t stop thinking about her and how much was left unsaid between us. Being this close is making me question everything I thought I knew about her. 



This time everything will be on my terms. Everything…


The summary was what got me intrigued. That sentence really does ring true especially with this couple.



The story follows Emmett and Avery who were High School sweethearts and things exploded and caused them to become enemies for years. What really stinks is that they do share some of the same friends. Things happen and they are forced to meet again. And the hate will melt away to love again. But will things be different this time? 



Ooooo these two really killed me. They were so thick-headed and insecure with each other and themselves. I wanted to scream. You love each other darnit! I liked Emmett a lot. Avery was okay. I wanted to shake her. Just tell Emmett!!!!!! He loves you!!!!! Ugh! They drove me crazy, but I loved every moment of it. I couldn't wait for them to finally get the HEA.



I also loved that Emmett was a hockey player. *drools*



This is book 3 in the series...but it does well as a standalone. I didn't read the first 2 books and I didn't feel like I was missing anything honestly. It worked well. 



The beginning was a little slow, but after a couple of chapters I was hooked and got this done after a couple of sessions. I really was anxious for these two to get together. They deserved happiness. 



I am curious to see what books 1 and 2 are about. I'll have to check it out. 



Overall, I really enjoyed this story. I loved Emmett and Avery was okay. They drove me insane, but I liked their story. The beginning started off a little slow, but I ended up breezing through this. I recommend this for romance lovers. It's a good one for sure! I'll stamp this with 4 stars. 




Since I don't read a lot of SPORTS ROMANCES, I'll do this one ;) 








6 comments:

  1. I like a good sports story, and this one sounds interesting, but I'm iffy with the cover.(lol) Happy New Year and Huge hugs! RO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy a good hockey romance. This sounds like something that I would like. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carole... My EYES! This is not your normal cover! haha... Sounds like a good story. I do like those second chance romances. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe sorry Jen! I do like the romances but normally they are clothed more ;)

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP