Wednesday 16 January 2019

Audio: Minimum Wage Magic - Rachel Aaron

By: Rachel Aaron
Narrated by: Emily Woo Zeller
Series: Detroit Free Zone (DFZ), Book 1
Length: 9 hrs and 45 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release date: 01-08-19
Language: English
Publisher: Audible Studios

My Thoughts:
I miss the Heartstrikers! I must sadly say that there are no cameos. But people from the series are mentioned. Yes I kept hoping someone would pop up, even if it had made no sense. Cos I miiiiiss them!

But to this book then. Opal is a cleaner. She cleans out places and sell the good stuff. She studied magic at College, but she needs money, and fast. It takes a while to learn why. She also has a troubled family relationship (I was sort of right, but not quite.) She just wants to do her own thing and I can respect that.

She also has the coolest AI sidekick called Sybil, who is in her phone, or whatever electronics she can be in.

I do not want to say too much about the story, but there is a magical mystery to solve. And she will have help.

The DFZ is such a freaky place, and the story never gets boring. But yes I missed the old gang. Who wouldn't! I also really wonder if the next book is about Opal too or someone new...I certainly look forward to more! It was a good book, and I hope it will be as great as a certain other series

Narrator Emily
I have only listened to her once before and I think that was goo.  Now Emily brought in another world and I felt she was Opal. Since all those others I have talked about, well to hear their voices I would have to hear THE voice.

Conclusion:
Fun, exciting.

24 comments:

  1. Definitely sounds better than Heartstrikers... no, don't throw anything heavy in my direction, not worth it ;p.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to her that you enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh a new one? I didn't even know that she had a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know anything about this series. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is new and book 1 so no knowledge needed

      Delete
  5. Even if you didn’t get those cameos, it sounds like you had fun with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really good! I think I might have to read the Heartstrikers series first though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard of this! I didn't realize it took place in the same world as Heartstrikers. Even though there are no cameos, might be worth it to take a look, I miss Heartstrikers too :(

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss them SO much!!! I might have a big crush on Julian lol

      Delete
  8. Neat that you got to stay in the Dragon Strikers world even if there were no sightings as of yet. I do like that she and her fun sidekick must solve a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen Rachel Aaron books around and I've wanted to try her. Maybe I'll give this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This does sound fun. I haven't read the original series, but I heard they are pretty good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP