Wednesday 9 January 2019

Audio: Dirty Little Secret - Jennifer Ryan


Series: Wild Rose Ranch #1
Narrated by: Coleen Marlo
Length: 9 hrs and 23 mins
Release date: 12-18-18
Publisher: HarperAudio
Contemporary romance
Thank you Harper for this review copy

My Thoughts
This one was so good and the last few hours were so intense. I could not stop listening even though I should have been sleeping.

And omg it made me so mad. ARGhhhhhh those close minded inbred townsfolk. I wanted to hit them all! I mean hello! Just cos someones mum is a prostitute does not make her one! Just cos she is pretty she should be one? Right, cos if she was ugly then she would not have followed her mum. I mean anyone growing up like that might think that maybe they could do something else. SO yes there will be people that you just want kick straight in the nuts.

Roxy grew up without a dad. Her mum was a prostitute, alcoholic, drug user and the best thing was when her mum started to work at a fancy brothel. Horrible but true. Then Roxy had time to breathe. She raised herself, strong and independent. Her dad did send money, but in the end she was his dirty little secret. But as the book progresses you do realise why he made some of the choices he did. Her mum was a real piece of work.

Noah grew up with his step father. He loves his ranch and his dad thought him everything he knows. He had a  happy life, well to a point, his father's ex was evil, but he did get a sister he loved from it.

Then their father dies and secrets come out. Not all at once though, which brings the drama cos when people do find out. Oh I wanted to smash heads together.

I did feel Noah moved a bit too fast though. But maybe that was because I knew her past and he didn't? I just felt he tried too hard and thought too much about it. I wished he had tried to keep his hands to himself. Cos sure she wanted him too, but at the same time, that is a place of business and the ranch hands are gossiping.

They get close, there is romance, and there is suspense since not everyone is happy with her there. And yes I was at the edge of my seat for those last hours. I wanted to know how it all would work out!!!!

Conclusion:
Great book! Awesome audio time.

Narrator
Coleen really got the right voice for Roxy. She really did it as the author described and it fit her so well. I liked her other voices too. She brought the hardness to Roxy's voice that felt so real after all she had gone through


Noah Cordero is a modern-day cowboy who loves three things: ranching, his younger sister, and his step-father. John Cordero groomed Noah to take over the Montana spread where he learned to ride and work the land. But when John unexpectedly dies, he leaves half the ranch to a woman Noah doesn’t even know.
Roxy shares Noah’s last name, but not his blood. Estranged from her father, haunted by regrets, and eager to escape her notorious mother’s past, she is forced to fulfill her father’s last wishes. Inheriting means sharing a home with infuriating, challenging, and oh-so-tempting Noah. But John didn’t just make her owner of his ranch and guardian to her sister, his hidden sideline is her worst nightmare—she’s the new owner of the notorious Nevada brothel called Wild Rose Ranch where she grew up.
As their strictly business relationship starts to turn to true love, Roxy begins to wonder, what will happen when Noah discovers her dirty little secret? 

16 comments:

  1. oh yay...I am so happy that you loved this one. Its so good right?I am glad that this author touched on close minded thinking in small towns although it happens it cities too. Glad to know the narrator was awesome. I love Harper Audio Books!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO good! Even if I wanted to strangle people lol.

      Ugh close minded people!!!!

      Delete
  2. glad you enjoyed this one. ugh those small-minded townsfolk would drive me insane,too. overall though, this book sounds awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. t was so good and so thrilling! For a romance it sure had me on the edge of my seat

      Delete
  3. Great to hear you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn the close-minded!!! *shakes fist*

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this one was a real winner, it sounds like worth listening to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sold me on this one. Adding it to my tbr list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always nice whenever an audiobook keeps you up at night (well, you know what I mean)! I don't often find it with this genre, so that's wonderful for you!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't expect it, since well I do need my sleep

      Delete
  8. OMG... I almost judged this book by its cover. I mean - cheesy. But your review gets me riled up. Sounds like a great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did miss out! I try *cough* I really do try! Not to judge by covers

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP