Wednesday 23 January 2019

Blood of Assassins - RJ Barker


Paperback, 434 pages
Published February 15th 2018 by Orbit
Series: The Wounded Kingdom #2
Fantasy
Own

My thoughts:
Make it short, make it short..ok I will try. I am pressed for time

SO 5 years have passed. Girton and his master comes back to these crappy hellforsaken lands (srsly why do anyone still live here! This place is hell). His old friend Rufra has been fighting with Thomas (FU Thomas), and Aydor all this time and they all claim the kingdom. Like this place could go to hell any more. Yes it can. Now there are maneating pigs too.

He meets Rufra again and is given a task.

That camp is another snake nest. Sometime is a spy, but who? Those dang witchhunters are there and ugh! But ok so I get why they need to find sorcerers, but they mostly kill innocents.

Girton has his job cut out for him.

I said short! I mean to finish this sentences ago!

Right, so this is a detective story in a way then. And war is looming, and there will be fighting. And Girton is trying to keep his magic under control. I fear for him, I really fear for him now. Either he will burn a hole in the country, be killed or no, I can not see a happy ending for him.

I really want book 3 now so that I can find out what happens next. All is good for now, but who knows what the years will bring

Synopsis:
The assassin Girton Club-foot and his master have returned to Maniyadoc in hope of finding sanctuary, but death, as always, dogs Girton's heels.

The place he knew no longer exists. War rages across Maniyadoc, with three kings claiming the same crown - and one of them is Girton's old friend Rufra. Girton finds himself hurrying to uncover a plot to murder Rufra on what should be the day of the king's greatest victory. But while Girton deals with threats inside and outside Rufra's war encampment, he can't help wondering if his greatest enemy hides beneath his own skin.



20 comments:

  1. That really does sound like hell! Glad you enjoyed it though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are liking the series so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big bad war book. Those always make me anxious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was quick! Hopefully book 3 is good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good. Except for the man eating pigs. That's not good. I hope Girton has a good ending though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. They had feasted on the dead on battle fields and had a taste for meat!

      Delete
    2. You know, some of the pulp books I find- that could seriously be a tagline.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a good series. Glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol. I really love this series. I have the third book on audio and neeeeeed to get to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this trilogy! And did this book not make you fall totally in love with Aydor?! That was a killer ending!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad it is a trilogy and that all are out ;) Wohoo, no waiting, well I have to get book 3 but you know

      Delete
  10. Lol! Nice job keeping it short! So hard to do....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds really good. Another book to add to my TBR.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP