Wednesday 17 April 2019

Audio: Storm Glass - Jeff Wheeler



Audible Audio, 12 pages
Published June 19th 2018 by Brilliance Audio
Series: Harbinger #1
Fantasy MG YA
Freebie

My Thoughts:
I should have written this two days ago!

Ok, cool world. There are mysteries and as Cettie does not know them yet neither do we. Like how do the floating islands keep on floating? What makes skyships fly? It is a more industrialized fantasy world in a way. But not that much since "magic" rules.

There seems to be ghosts and other things...what I do not know yet

And the rich live in the sky while the downtrodden live below in filth.

Cettie is rescued. Though all I was thinking was omg she is leaving those kids down there! Those kids who surely saw her as their like mum and she was the only one who fed them! But hey, the strong survive, the weak die. Of course omg girl, please tell the nice man what a b%tch his housekeeper is. Sheesh!
Still nice kid.

I thought it would be mostly her story since she was saved and got to see the fancy part of this world, but we also get a princess' pov. She might have everything but that does not mean love, friends and fun. Still roof and food girl, roof and food.

I guess this is YA, but since they are 12 it feels more MG. Since nothing bad happens either so it feels more nice you know.

A nice story. And yes audible freebie for the win!

Narration Kate Rudd
A good voice that fit the story and she did the characters well. Esp that wicked housekeeper

Blurb
Theirs is a world of opposites. The privileged live in sky manors held aloft by a secretive magic known only as the Mysteries. Below, the earthbound poor are forced into factory work to maintain the engine of commerce. Only the wealthy can afford to learn the Mysteries, and they use their knowledge to further lock their hold on society.
Cettie Pratt is a waif doomed to the world below, until an admiral attempts to adopt her. But in her new home in the clouds, not everyone treats her as one of the family.

Sera Fitzempress is a princess born into power. She yearns to meet the orphan girl she has heard so much about, but her father deems the girl unworthy of his daughter’s curiosity.

Neither girl feels that she belongs. Each seeks to break free of imposed rules. Now, as Cettie dreams of living above and as Sera is drawn to the world below, they will follow the paths of their own choosing.

But both girls will be needed for the coming storm that threatens to overturn both their worlds.

18 comments:

  1. Yikes, based on the cover, that is not a place I want to live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes 12 gives the feeling to have MG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was clearer since for all I know it is mg

      Delete
  3. Sounds okay...12 seems more MG honestly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Free, my favorite price. LOL 12? Still could be considered YA. As long as it is good, I wouldn't worry about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do age so YA do fit better then.
      I so wish there were more free audios!

      Delete
  5. Free for the win. Plus the cover is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. His ebooks and audiobooks are always on sale so I have a bunch of them via whispersync. I gotta get to them soon.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed and got a bunch on kindle pc :)

      Delete
  7. I think floating islands sound like fun! Freebies are always a fun risk! I love when I win something unexpected, because it forces me to try something new, and occasionally I'm pleasantly surprised! It sounds like this one was enjoyable, and I'm happy the narration worked for you! That can make a huge difference.

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun and risky ;) SInce they can just fall down.

      I do love a good freebie, wohooo

      Delete
  8. fantastic review as always, cool cover and I think I've listened to Kate Rudd before and liked her too and a freebie, yeah I get a lot of audibles like that. I'll have to look for him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could find more audible freebies!

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP