Wednesday 10 April 2019

Morhelion - Dominic Dulley



Paperback
Expected publication: April 4th 2019 by Jo Fletcher Books
Series: The Long Game #2
Sci fi
Thank you Jo Fletcher for this review copy

My Thoughts
I was pleasantly surprised to see that I enjoyed book 2 even more than book 1! SO many do suffer from 2nd book syndrome, but this one upped its game.

In the last book Orry saved the Fleet from destruction. But she is back at her game now, conning people out of their money. And I like Orry, she takes no BS, she is a good person, but she is no hero.

This book has her more on her own as things go south. Suddenly there is a conspiracy. A secret agent. Something that can change the war started in book 1, and she is in the middle of it. And she is to set foot on the most horrid planet. Trust me, this is one creepy place. And I liked the adventure, I liked her more on her own. I also liked hearing a bit more about these worlds.

So yes there is action, there are power hungry people, there are whales in the sky. Creepy inbred weirdos and lots more to quench your thirst. It is quite the space opera.

And again it ends with a all is well for now, and I like that. I like having a bit of peace and quiet and not wringing my hands in torment. But there is obviously still that urge to read more. Something is coming, but what? I do wonder, and I need to know.

Final thoughts
Great continuation to this sorry. I can't wait for more.

Blurb
Orry Kent may not have stopped the war between the Ascendancy and the alien Kadiran, but at least she saved the Grand Fleet from immediate annihilation. Now she just wants to get on with her own life.

The conflict feels a long way away - until a con turns sour and she finds herself drawn into the very heart of the war.

When a dying agent of the emperor's shadowy Seventh Secretariat tells Orry there's a traitor at the highest levels of the Ascendancy, she has little choice but to take on the mission.

Which is why she finds herself stranded among the floating bubble habitats of Morhelion, where pollution-spewing smokers ply their trade in the beautiful but toxic atmosphere.

The hunt is on . . .

10 comments:

  1. glad you liked it and yes book 2s are always a worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's rare when book 2 is better but that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOAH! Book 2 was better? Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Glad to hear the series is worth it when I get to finally start it, lol. I was sent this book but I still have to track down book 1.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Lots going on, and glad it was such a great read! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP