Tuesday 23 April 2019

TMST and King of Assassins


Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post on Rainy Day Ramblings where Rainy discuss a wide range of topics from books to blogging. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog.

April 23: Do you like getting unsolicited books in the mail?

I would LOVE it! Ok so I guess that if you get many then sure it would feel like you had to read them all. But still, I get so few, and that is still books that the pubs would have sent me anyway. I would love getting a surprise book that would make me go all whaat? :D

Let's do a review today too!

Paperback, 508 pages
Published August 7th 2018 by Orbit
Series: The Wounded Kingdom #3
Fantasy
Own

My Thoughts
It took me 12 days to finish this one...12 days!!!! I confess to doing a lot of skimming the last 150 pages cos else I would still be here after 2 weeks.

Something was just not there. I enjoyed the two previous ones, but this one, nah, it felt slow, it dragged, it was a chore and I no longer felt the world.

I must say, it made me feel that I am done with this author if hershe makes me feel like this for this last book.

It had good parts, but most were ok, or just boring. Soulless.

And srsly, EVERYONE else loved it, EVERYONE

Arghhh what is wrong with me?! 


Blurb
Many years of peace have passed in Maniyadoc, years of relative calm for the assassin Girton Club-Foot. Even the Forgetting Plague, which ravaged the rest of the kingdoms, seemed to pass them by. But now Rufra ap Vthyr eyes the vacant High-King's throne and will take his court to the capital, a rat's nest of intrigue and murder, where every enemy he has ever made will gather and the endgame of twenty years of politics and murder will be played out in his bid to become the King of all Kings.


Friends become enemies, enemies become friends and the god of death, Xus the Unseen, stands closer than ever - casting his shadow over everything most dear to Girton. 


23 comments:

  1. I used to get quite a few unsolicited books but not anymore. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy moly 12 days LOL
    I hope the next one is better

    I get many many many books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get unsollucited books from time to time from French or ENglish publishers but it's really rare. I had one last month. A signed French book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't get a lot of books in the mail but I do get some in my email. I like to pick my own books to read though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pick your own will always be the better option n

      Delete
  5. I get about 6-7 per year and it's nice but I wish I could tell the what I would like instead. Because I'll get things that I'll never read and it's wasted on me.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I never thought of it like that, then again if I get something I do not want I pass it forward

      Delete
  6. Not sure how I would feel! I've never just gotten a book randomly unless you count xmas books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you didn't like this one as much. I loved the trilogy, legit almost cried at the end of this one :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't mind the unsoliciteds, either. If I don't think I'll like it, I can put it in the library donation.

    Ugh, yeah, it always feels weird when a book in a series that's going well is a let down. Maybe its mood and will do better later? Or, maybe it was just that book in the series that's a meh one. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea, oh well, it happens

      And yes if I do not like one then donate it goes

      Delete
  9. I do enjoy unsolicited books. It is always great to get surprise book.

    I hate it when a book takes to long. Not a good sign at all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't mind getting unsolicited books, but I don't read many of them anymore. I always prefer ebooks over print books these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will always be a print gal...well audio now, but then print

      Delete
  11. I don't mind unsolicited reads coming my way. It's a nice surprise!

    I hate wasting my time on a book that I don't love. Glad you finally got through it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a good surprise

      I pushed through!

      Delete
  12. I've had books like that where everyone loved it and I didn't care for it. Harry Potter being the biggest one. I've tried reading and watching the movies and just couldn't get into them. I might try the audios one day, but I have more books that I want to try first.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those I did like ;)
      I do wonder how the audios wold be

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP