Tuesday 9 April 2019

TMST


Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post on Rainy Day Ramblings where Rainy discuss a wide range of topics from books to blogging. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog.

April 9th: What are some of your favorite series you would like to see revisited or a spin off?

I really should not write these the day before, esp when S just escaped her bed and came up, ugh, ok I have 10 min. Think brain think!

Revisited, hmmmmm, damn it brain!
Well I did hear that there will be no more The Others by Anne Bishop, and I NEED MORE


Spin-off....

Ok, so I have slept on it, I have looked at my shelves and I still do not know! Maybe series I have read have gotten spin-offs already. Many are not as good.  I did not enjoy Hugh's story as much as Kate. It was nowhere near as good. I could honestly take it or leave it.

Then there are the revisited, I did get to revisit Secret McQueen, and well, it did not work...at all. I was so disappointed. So maybe one should leave them where they are and never revisit.

Maybe it is better that the author tries to create a new thrilling world instead.

31 comments:

  1. I would like more from The Others as well. I loved Hugh's story, but I'd like more with Derek and Julie too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I can understand that and we had the same feeling

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea. Most of the series that I love are still going strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iron Druid Chronicles, and I loved the spinoff for Kate Daniels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never read the Iron Druid, one of the few

      Delete
  5. Oh no... the escaping toddler. Life got more complicated. What??? No more others???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I heard, I hope it was not true

      Delete
  6. Ouch - no more The Others! Well as you say sometimes best if authors start something entirely new. What a gorgeous daughter - you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Normally I agree with you. The majority of series end well and need to stay ended. However, I did have a couple of series I need more of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only want more if they are just as good :D

      Delete
  8. I did love Hugh's story. I am sad to learn that there may not be any more books from The Others. (I am still holding out hope though).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm, that is a tough one. Pretty much every series I love has gotten the spin-offs or follow up novellas. I loved that Nalini Singh wrote more of the Psy-Changelings series with the Trinity books and I actually prefer the Dory Basarab spinoffs to the original Cassie Palmer books by Karen Chance. And, I love the Morgan Dane series better than the original Scarlett Falls trilogy by Melinda Leigh. But, there are some series that took a dive when the author kept writing more. So, I guess it can go either way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the psy spin offs too :D

      And I never did read Chance

      Delete
  10. I couldn't come up with an answer for this week.

    I've been turned off so many series that I think it's better just to let it go. lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is another great topic, but I can't think of any at the moment!(lol) Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm. That's a hard question. I'd have to sleep on it to think of answers too. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. More of The Others, Heartstrickers and Demonica :-)

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, yes yes JULIAN; PLEASE MORE JULIAN! Or his sis and her new family ;)

      Delete
  14. Well, we are getting more of The Others. I hope we get more in Kate's world. I liked Hugh's book. I would love more in Iron Druid World. And definitely need more Harry Dresden - I guess we'll get the next book, some day! But a spinoff following a different character would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are?! I heard we are not!

      Delete
    2. OH! Really... I just assumed there would be more OTHERS. *SOBS*

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP