Monday 10 July 2017

A kiss before doomsday - Laurence MacNaughton

When sorcerers disappear off the streets of Denver, the only person to notice a pattern is Dru, proprietor of The Crystal Connection and newly-minted sorceress. Monstrous creatures are attacking and dragging off anyone with magical powers. Signs point to forbidden necromancy in the hands of someone trying to fulfill the prophecy of the apocalypse scroll.

With the dead rising from the grave, Dru fears someone is picking up where the Harbingers left off half a century ago. Now more than ever, Dru needs half-demon Greyson and his infernal car, Hellbringer. Though Greyson is missing and presumed dead, Dru believes he’s alive—and trapped at the center of this evil.

Dru will need her friends—and her enemies—trusting in Rane’s strength, Opal’s wisdom, and her own crystal magic to infiltrate the mountainous fortress of a powerful sorcerer intent on bringing about doomsday.

Because the moment the prophecy is fulfilled, legions of undead will rise to consume the souls of everyone on Earth… 

My thoughts:
This is UF, but it does feel different. I guess it's the intensity, kick-assness and love brooding that you can not find here that changes it. And sure, it is still intense at times, Dru is still cool and can save herself and there is a guy she likes. But it is very different.

In the last book they saved the world from doomsday...for a while. There are still seals that might be broken and a doomsday coming closer.

I like Dru, she is just, normal you know. She enjoys working in her store and doing the little sorcery she can. She has two good friends and all is well. Except that she misses Greyson that went missing in the last book, or did he? Is he stuck in the netherworld? Is he back? Still a demon? But this is her book, any man can wait in the sidelines.

She is cool and does not let a thing like impending doom stop her. Now, she will stop it. She likes to investigate things too much ;)

I enjoyed it. It was fast, short and kicked a punch

Paperback, 290 pages
Expected publication: July 11th 2017 by Pyr
Dru Jasper #2
Urban fantasy
For review

40 comments:

  1. Dru sounds like a fun girl! It seems to be a lighter UF which isn't a bad thing. Glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fun! I hadn't heard of it before.

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow I wouldn't have pegged this as UF from the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of the kick ass heroine. I havent' seen this UF series before, now I am going to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh good. Glad you enjoyed it. I just got this one and I do think I'll put it in the tbr review pile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like a shorter, punchy read sometimes. Nice change of pace. Sounds like a fun series too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks really good. I'm adding to my TBR. Great review.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I just love how down to earth Dru is, and she is so great with Rane and Opal!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is :D That is why it feels so different

      Delete
  9. This sounds like it would be pretty good, minus the people coming up out of the grave! (lol) Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fun UF book. Worth reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perhaps, if I ever want to read another UF series...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds cool. Of to check out book one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not a genre I've read (I don't think). Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a fun series. I like Dru, her use of crystals and the friendships that she has and I also think it's great to read a series where each book is self contained.
    Lynn 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that too, not that I jump around in a series a lot but still

      Delete
  15. I would not have guessed UF by that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't heard of this series before. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP